TF_250

Next Peice of the Puzzle Cont.

Ey Jase still using the same exhaust system from the crossflow setup? I know the extractors are the same but what about the rest; 3" with hooker aerochamber from memory?? 

Cheers

Yeah mate all the same 3" with aerochamber

So basically the crossflow long block has been replaced with the fg DOHC long block, the ecu has been changed and the bellhousing is different that is all.

Cheers Jason, reason i asked is cause it sounds remarkably similar to the crossflow cause yours always had a different tone to it, should be good to see it run some numbers

Hope you don't mind if I update here Jason. Car ran great and sounded really crisp with a slight note change to the crossy. The first run was just a shake down run, powered to 60 foot and coasted from there and still ran 15.05 off a soft launch. Next was a full run where he ran 11.76@115.07mph then backed up with 11.74@114.86. Jas said that 115mph is a PB so that is a win right there. The night was tricky for tuning as the conditioned changed several times so to keep improving in those condition with a brand new setup I think is a job well done.

I did take some vids but the lights were shining into the lens so its really bad.

Thanks, as wagoon said all went well apart from some sort of gearbox oil leak car ran strong and felt good, it kind of caught me off guard on the first pass pushed me into the seat it seamed, not sure weather that was from 11 months not driving it or a new more stable seat!!

So 1st run was just a click second gear and coast checkout pass came back then checked everything over then ran;

11.762 @ 115.04

11.749 @ 114.86

11.732 @ 115.08

The car is abit off in the 60' and 330' for my liking but will sort that out it is back halving faster then the old engine already even on that 1st full pass so pleased with that as well.

The fastest the xflow ever did was 114.4mph on the hard cut and never did it again so speed is already up just need to get it off the line quicker and we'll be in  the ball park.

Overall pretty happy its, 1 going and 2 turning pretty decent times. Now I just have to go through about 200mb of data logs!!! information overload...