bigpaulo

spac rims

S pack rims have 12 holes around the inner rim, like 12 slotters, but the holes are round. 

Stock rims have 4 slot openings at the edge of the inner rim.

S-Pack rims are as described above, silver with chrome dress rim and centre cap. GL-spec had (lol) hubcraps and the wheel underneath was the 4-spoke taxi style stocker rims. Both types were 14" but povvo one got 5.5", s-pack got 6"

Hubcaps are the manufacturer's way of saying "our wheels look shit"

Oh right, i thought xf came out with those as stock, and the xd xe had the 4slotters as stockies. Didnt realise the 4slotters came out on XFs

4 slotters were still found on ea-ed

GL-spec had (lol) hubcaps and the wheel underneath was the 4-spoke taxi style stocker rims. Both types were 14" but povvo one got 5.5", s-pack got 6"

Well there you go. All the X series Fords ive had i clearly didn't pay attention to the wheels it had. 

I thought the 4 spoke wheel was only released from XD to XE. 

Then the XF was released with the S pack style wheel regardless of hub cap or not.

But apparently its not the case.

Just to confuse abit more, i thought EA to ED had a 15'' rim as the 14'' doesn't clear the rear brake calliper?

Just to confuse abit more, I thought EA to ED had a 15'' rim as the 14'' doesn't clear the rear brake caliper?

They clear, think of all the later E series diffs that are being transplanted now Steve.

Heather has an ED diff and still runs Spac's :)

Does anyone need a set of s pack wheels? I've got a set of average wheels like the ones pictured above, poor quality paint, has dress rings and centre caps but no nuts. $5 per rim.

I need a set of those black plastic wheel nut covers.

They're proving exceedingly hard to find.

XF steel wheels under the hubcaps, are just the same as the XC Falcon 500 steelies, but painted black not silver.

The XF GL steelies, even have the flanges to clip on a metal XB/XC dog dish hubcap.

Same goes for the 14 inch EA/EB/ED GLi wheels.

Steve, maybe you got an EF/EL diff?

They had the larger rear calipers from memory.

What brake pads do the calipers take?..... that'd tell you.

XH's stayed with the smaller EA/ED rear calipers too.

XH's had 14'inch 's-pack' steelies up until 1997.

1998-99, XH's had the 15 inch silver painted EF/EL chaser wheels.

Those 14 inch 'S-pack' wheels were called 'Sports Styled Wheels' and were an option even for non s-packs too.

My XE sedan was factory optioned with them.

Shows the line item on the original dealer purchase receipt I have for the car.

yqama3a3.jpg

These must be an option? Mine has these, the spare as well. I've seen another s-pac with them also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<br />These must be an option? Mine has these, the spare as well. I've seen another s-pac with them also.<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<br />I reckon they were Ghia/LTD-spec and maybe thrown in as an option by a dealer on purchase or by the owner at a later date?

I need a set of those black plastic wheel nut covers.

They're proving exceedingly hard to find.

Reckon my old TF corty used to have them plastic nut caps. Didn't know XD's had them too. Maybe a call to the Cortina forum....??

Maybe these fit........?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/271379594438?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=107

They all SUCK.............. :ph34r:

I agree, they don't look great. But that's what they came with, so that's what people will want to put back on their resto project. 

Just FK'N get over it!

yqama3a3.jpg

These must be an option? Mine has these, the spare as well. I've seen another s-pac with them also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not factory though.