SIKXE8

would you recommend a crate motor?

http://pavtek.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=104:393-cleveland-silver-acc-hr-545-hp-alloy-heads-hyd-roller-cam&catid=36:ford-short-engines&Itemid=143

around 14k gets you 550hp, ready to ship

dunno how good they are as i have only ordered their stud girdle and alloy timing cover. personally i like to do my own stuff but each to their own.

That engine looks not to bad on the outside I spot a edelbrock dual plane air gap intake and a pair of edelbrock heads, message him and find out what brand of crank, rods and pistons and camshafts they use, and if you really want one I would pay the little extra to have it run in and dynoed, seems like not a bad deal going through his other items he doesn't just seem to sell junk, but just do your research, could be a good deal or just a pig dressed up in lipstick

The thing I like about the pavtek engine is they list exactly what you are getting and they have a pretty good reputation, plus they have built alot of Ford engines throughout the years personally if I was getting a crate engine I would go for the pavtek engine purely because of the parts combo

That is the same company jamie247 is talking about in the 393 Cleveland thread.

The thing I don't like is how the advert doesn't say what the brand of parts are, just "racing hydraulic lifters", could be procomp? Get my drift?

In saying that a mate of mine purchased a chev 350 crate motor, thrashes the crap out of it, years later still going strong.

you get what you pay for mate there is a reason a pavtec costs the 14+k it does you get a engine that lasts im sure the hiperformance world one is ok but for almost 1/2 the price id look closer i remember the sydney speed supplys guys and how they just slaped there engines together yes they work and made the numbers but they did not last

you can build a nice 393 with alloys and all the good bits for the 8k but do it yourself and you will know its right then

and 14k for under 500hp find a new engine builder cause 450hp can be done on a almost stock 351 with cast 2v heads so where does the other 10k go? that right into his pocket

I just picked up a 408 with deburred, prepped, sonic tested 51 block filled with forged scat rods and crank, probe forged pistons, chi heads and manifold, sump etc, crower solid cam lifters rockers and it was 9500... I don't care what the figures are atleast it should be reliable (and on the 550-600hp mark) ;) with room for the giggly oh and stud kits top and bottom all new bolts etc

yeah I looked at what was in it and went well the parts alone are worth that so even if I pull the sump and heads its only gona cost a few gaskets to check it out... fingers crossed shes the goods!

this is the 393 I was looking at it does have good internals but if you want a absolute deamon i'd apy the xtra i'm buying this as a base for the mrs and do it up as we go basically buying as an entry level

well buying an already built engine would be cheaper than getting someone to build it from scratch, and lets be honest, you're not just going to slap an engine together...
the problem is I really cant build one myself, nor do I have the time if I did
have also been looking at some second hand stuff, but I really cant trust it
450-500hp seems plenty for me especially since anymore and its not nice on the street

My boy Marty bought a GM Performance 383 4 bolt short for his Impala.Dressed it with some AFR heads,RPM air gap and a 750 Hardcore Ultra.

No complaints about it other than the dudes at Rocket scratched my new Falcon when we picked it up.