CHESTNUTXE

BEST AND WORST LOOKING AUSSIE FORD

What is your favourite looking ford  ,in my opinion its the xe ghia esp in 2 tone ,or maybe the xa xb xc 2 door coupe,and i have always hated the look of the au series and ea falcon,funny after the au and ea came a top looking car called the ba and the eb was always a good looking car in the e series.Tell what yours is .

Don't have a favourite as i like at least one in each series for its own look but worst would be the base model AU S1... Its just outright boring

AU S1 with the lower series grill I'm not a fan of. Also don't like an XR model before BA, not a fan of the twinlight/seperate light look.

AUs with the front end like this look alright.

1a44fe801acdcb45cfc667a878dde36a.jpg

But regardless of looks definitely one of the best Falcons for reliability.

Must say the early Falcons ( pre XP) look rather droopy in the nose which doesn't really appeal to me.

I like FG MKII and XT (1968 style).

There's no real model I out-and-out hate to be honest: it's a subjective thing, I guess. Styling-wise, I may like the front-end of a model but dislike the way the rear-end is shaped.

Everyone seems to dislike the AU.....and yes, I'm one of them, especially the first series. The grill was awful, and I never really liked the rear-end design, even though the overall shape was appealing. The XR was the same for me, but I don't mind the XY, probably because the design had matured and sequential minor changes I found a little more appealing; I have the same reaction with the XA and the XC.

The NF/DF rear-end I don't like either, which is a shame because I quite like the design of the NF/DF/EF front-end (my XH has one after all!). Conversely, not a big fan of the EL front-end (reminds me too much of a distended nostril).

The XM I'm a big fan of. The P6 is so glitzy and chunky I can't help but like it. The clean-cut lines of a ZL also turns my head every time I see one. The FGX is also one, but I'm unsure it's because it's brand-new and quite different or another reason.

Just my 2 cents.

AUs are like some 70s sporty jap cars: the right wheels and stance can really set them off.

I'm assuming that this thread refers to factory spec, not enhanced versions (any car can be improved)

Ok worst: XC Fairmont (rectangle headlight). A mish-mash of styles trying to transition from 70s coke-bottle to 80s squareness.

Best: XA GT Hardtop. The right balance of graceful and tough.

The first in each series is often the worst for reliability but purest in design. EA Falcon a case in point.

XD sedan gets an honourable mention.

Xa's were (especially coupes) considered ugly for a long time,now they are some of the most revered ford muscle cars.

Again,looks are subjective.

xa coupes where i agree a little fugly ,but the stock 6 pack falcon sedan was horrible

I'm not sure this will end well.

Looks are very subjective.

Au's may be "ugly" but they've aged terrible than anything from that era,and are the most unreliable car ever built in this country.

bwahahahahha fixed it for you!