xhadyboy

xd vs xe manual console

Ronny and I had a bit of a discussion about this in the SA Chat>SA Swap meet Thread. Runs sporatically for a couple of pages.

http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php?/topic/4511-the-sa-swap-meet-thread/

Outcome basically is lids and backs have some differences.

XD lid is not as high as XE. Back on XD console is grey insert, XE black insert.

This may not be entirely correct when it comes to Z and F cars thou

What people call a 'poverty-pack' console, ie no armrest compartment is actually the console that is fitted to "non-airconditioned vehicles".

The 'luxo-pack' with the lid and rear vents is "a console for airconditioned vehicles" according to the bibles.

My XD S didn't have the AC vents in the rear of the console. Rear insert was blank.

Not sure if that's a non AC thing or a low spec thing.

Yeh, not sure. My XD ute has factory air and console has vents.

Probably just an option for customers wanting console with armrest but no A/C. Saw one on ebay/gumtree not long ago. Was advertised as from a ute. I saved a photo...

consolebackute_zpssq7zyahb.jpg

Also, there are some differences with cigarette lighters, lol.

Some have the green illuminated surround, some don't.

Which reminds me of another point... early XD/E tee-bar selector panels illuminate green, later XF on illuminate blue.

As Gaz said is the main different, but may variation, vents no vents, silver and black surround, colour console black only Xd, beige, blue gray and black. Xe. Don't know if it is fact or myth but heard many years ago that one of the designer in the XD designed the highrise console did so for it to hold a six pack and aircon vents are to keep it cool! If so how aussie.

Dale

Mark's right. XD has a smaller hole and vinyl boot. XE has the massive hole and big ugly rubber boot.

I used to know this chick who had a massive hole and wore ugly rub...... never mind.  Wrong forum.

Again. :huh:

Fugly boot's right.

I have a black console to put in ,but I cant stand that corrugated rubber thing.

Where do I get the vinyl one off the Xd's.?

Fugly boot's right.

I have a black console to put in ,but I cant stand that corrugated rubber thing.

Where do I get the vinyl one off the Xd's.?

You might as well get the XD console. 

It's gonna have the storage bin with lid, and the nicer manual shifter boot and they did come in XE's with air conditioning and were the standard console in XE Ghia.

You might as well get the XD console. 

It's gonna have the storage bin with lid, and the nicer manual shifter boot and they did come in XE's with air conditioning and were the standard console in XE Ghia, except the XE's had the ugly rubber shifter boot.

I've got 2 of those centre consoles one in my factory manual s pak sedan and one in my factory manual povo pack wagon. Only difference is it has a the stick where the blank spot is. In the first pic the compartment in front of where the carpet is, it works out it is the perfect size for a 3 gauge pod.