Ok thought i'd start a thread for anything swap meet related.

Post up your photo's and discussions here.

eg. Photos of cars or x-series parts or any other interesting artifacts or experiences.

Show us your bargains!!!!

Any coming events that may be of interest.

Here are some photos I took at Cambelltown on Sunday morning before AFD.

130_zpsufg8tb9h.jpg133_zps8iqibcar.jpg131_zpsvaoj8upe.jpg174_zpss2gw9fby.jpg175_zpsxmzuh7ue.jpg177_zpstllccyyg.jpg163_zpsolcybaf1.jpg162_zpsp5wymjsj.jpg161_zpssn4jqjqm.jpg160_zps5ylvpo1q.jpg159_zpsesfzy0jb.jpg158_zps0whjy6sa.jpg154_zpsj8ikhbjv.jpg149_zpsich1yufc.jpg148_zpstkmdhlch.jpg146_zps1tmsgnqc.jpg136_zpsmp6d6ajt.jpg135_zps3k3ke1uo.jpg

Sorry about the resolution of the photos, I forgot to reset the camera from 640kb mode before I set off, doh!

More to come!

ZF fairlane custom build was a bit unique.

Spoke to the owner who said he did it 23 years ago for a bit of fun. Needs to be in full sun to appreciate the flecked paint.

Is a bit circa the 'cannon-ball-run' ZG on ebay for 36k atm, only done to higher standard & much better condition.

157_zpsmyypbcwd.jpg156_zpshpl230ta.jpg155_zpsysiff5ry.jpg153_zpsuwckt6sq.jpg152_zpshlfbjnj8.jpg151_zpszfjs0qa6.jpg150_zpsdw3o7vvj.jpg

The pipe along the runningh boards are the exhaust and not mock-up. Bit of bling lighting too. Is 351 V8.

My bargain of the day from Cambelltown2015...

Fomo walked away with this for 20 gold bits... you may laugh!

Very under-rated carby the thermoquad 850cfm. Previous owner said it came off an XD351C. So will feel right at home!

I have a few spare clevo's so is nice to gather options and it appears to be in good condition. Just the adapter plate is worth that!

197_zpsizvv0iu4.jpg202_zps6zlxrlin.jpg206_zpsm5gankze.jpg

My bargain of the day from Cambelltown2015...

Fomo walked away with this for 20 gold bits... you may laugh!

Very under-rated carby the thermoquad 850cfm. Previous owner said it came off an XD351C. So will feel right at home!

I have a few spare clevo's so is nice to gather options and it appears to be in good condition. Just the adapter plate is worth that!

197_zpsizvv0iu4.jpg202_zps6zlxrlin.jpg206_zpsm5gankze.jpg

oh look a door stop!

oh look a door stop!

Hah, hah...thanks for trying to burst my bubble...

It won't happen. I had one in as good as condition as this but sold it a decade ago for $220 (with air-filter hsg & snorkel).

Although i'm still pistoff I sold it because air cleaner was like new, even decals at least i'm still $200 up. So ha,ha

I got one that needs a rebuild too...$20 for that one...$220 for the good one :P

But in all seriousness i'll keep a look out. They pop up from time to time. Some people store things ok. I'm trying to hold on to a good one, LOL!

I got one that needs a rebuild too...$20 for that one...$220 for the good one :P

But in all seriousness i'll keep a look out. They pop up from time to time. Some people store things ok. I'm trying to hold on to a good one, LOL!

All good, ill rebuild mine myself soon and give it a clean up

Hows this little freebie i scored a couple weeks ago from a mate wrecking an XD

Gave it a good clean and wacked some paint on the ashtray

2015-03-12%2000.07.30.jpg

2015-03-12%2000.06.23.jpg

All good, ill rebuild mine myself soon and give it a clean up

Hows this little freebie i scored a couple weeks ago from a mate wrecking an XD

Gave it a good clean and wacked some paint on the ashtray

No probs on the carb, might end up rebuilding my old one too so interested to see how it goes. There is a book on rebuilding them too (how to... series), see Bevan.

Nice score on the console, only is XE with that lid not XD! I too am rebuilding a black one I scored few weeks back but with electrics . Found a black back for it in my own spares just the other day.

Painting of your ashtray came up really well, might have to bring mine around. What paint did you use? I will obviously have to put some photo's up now. Mine started out as a leather clad ZJ console so got a few rivet holes to 'devcon' away & still missing a lid, but got other colours so might just paint up one when doing the AT.

I found the cheapest and most effective way of removing the contact-adhesive from the console was baby oil. It smells nice too!

I also noticed from this photo that my XE ghia console-lid needs repainting too. And there's a bloody crack in the plastic.

It's hard to find manual consoles that are any good usually because Ford in their infinite wisdom decised to use rivets to attach the outer boot flange. So I had better fix this one!

006_zpsjgolkwir.jpg  

Roo skin seat cover is about u/s too!

Nice score on the console, only is XE with that lid not XD! I too am rebuilding a black one I scored few weeks back but with electrics . Found a black back for it in my own spares just the other day.

Painting of your ashtray came up really well, might have to bring mine around. What paint did you use?

Nah is a XD console, look at the back where the vents and ashtray is

XE is all black whereas XD is light grey

Maybe a XE lid but thats it

Just used a can of matt black, cant remember the brand but its a no primer required paint

Need matt black or satin black, gloss black will look bad

Nightshift this weekend, Bugger.

Would like to take the ZL for a run. Better luck next time.......enjoy. :)

Me night shift too but i'll come straight from work ! So count me in... don't need an x-series to drink coffee, don't really need any reason. :huh:

Sorry for not being a post-hoare like you gromet. I'll get on later this evening and do some serious replies, posts and photos.

Been spread out like parrafin-oil on a lake just lately!