Sign in to follow this  
XTREME KARTS XF

No sound from new headunit?

I bought a new headunit after the old one fucked up (wouldnt turn on again) soldered all the electrical connections and there's no sound. There was sound from the old unit before it shat itself by why is there none coming from the new one?

Can anyone help me out?

You plug the noise things in?

try another noise thing?

other then that im fresh out of ideas :(

You love the sound of a clevo dont ya? :P I need me tunes and subwoofer (cant hate country music)!!! I called it quits for the night, i'll look at it again tomorrow

Yep when my stereo is not sounding right its cause the fuel is bad, it needs plugs, or the carby needs a tweak

i have a stereo in it but i dont use it it makes the engine sound funny :D

quick and simple

does headunit have power? yes/no

is there power coming out of the headunit? yes/no

have you checked to see if the back of the headunit has blown fuses? yes/no

have you tried turning the mute button on and off? yes/no

have you turned the volume up? yes/no

has the amp got power? yes/no

is power coming out of the amp? yes/no

is power getting to the speakers? yes/no

have you connected speaker DIRECTLY to the back of the headunit? yes/no

should be simple, get a test light.

Checked all the wiring and it was good, power at the speakers, etc. Turns out it was fucked so i went back to JBHIFI and got it swapped it over. I thought "fuck it" i'll pay the $80 bucks for the install, the bloke who does the stezza installs turns out to be one of Elliejanes mates :)

Cheers for the install Seb :D

well that was easy fixxed then.

i bet you fucked it installing it but lol

Fuck up you LOL :P That reminds me, when i first opened the box the packaging looked to be tampered with, i was abit sus about it first but i though "ahh fuck it" so i installed the headunit and no sound, It powered up fine but no sound. Seb also told me to use the XG or XH dash fasia mainly for a neater look.

I had the same thing with my tool chest i bought from supercheap. After lifting the bastard out of the box ( which had been retaped) i started putting it together to find half the shit missing and a dent on the top. It had been returned and put back on the shelf.

Jeez, about time Pioneer caught up with sub control. All my mates used to bang on about how good their Pioneer stereo gear was and I didn't agree cos they didn't have the adjusting features for sound quality and sub tuning like an Alpine or Jvc units had. I guess the ute will be rocking the tunes at the next b&s then hey Mark?

I find Pioneer shit (My Opinion Only). I had 2 expensive pioneer amps to drive my subs and both of them shit themselves with various issues related to soldering and fractured connections. I ended up getting a cheap arsed Schneider amp and have had it for bout 7 years now without a hitch.

I had the same thing with my tool chest i bought from supercheap. After lifting the bastard out of the box ( which had been retaped) i started putting it together to find half the shit missing and a dent on the top. It had been returned and put back on the shelf.

Well at least im not the only one around here! Shits me when shops do that :angry:

headunit not working?  look at wife.  take credit card from her.  enjoy the noise.

Thanks for the advice, :) I'll consider it as an option in the near future! :)

When the Magic smoke comes out........... it won't work anymore...........

Jack.

Yep, reminds me when the gas switch burnt out in the XD :(

Jeez, about time Pioneer caught up with sub control. All my mates used to bang on about how good their Pioneer stereo gear was and I didn't agree cos they didn't have the adjusting features for sound quality and sub tuning like an Alpine or Jvc units had. I guess the ute will be rocking the tunes at the next b&s then hey Mark?

Fuckin oath mate! My old headunit (it was a pioneer) was shit with subwoofer tuning. I did manage to have somewhat an "ok tune. I'll be pumping the tunes at the next ball, Longy Seeders and Strippers ball is the next one i think. :D

I find Pioneer shit (My Opinion Only). I had 2 expensive pioneer amps to drive my subs and both of them shit themselves with various issues related to soldering and fractured connections. I ended up getting a cheap arsed Schneider amp and have had it for bout 7 years now without a hitch.

That reminds me, the old one (again it was a pioneer) was great but it started making funny noises and neally everytime you go over railway tracks, bumps in the road or drive on shitty gravel roads it would cut out. In the end it wouldnt turn on again after i used the battery in another vehicle, i have a feeling that its got broken solder joints.

That reminds me, the old one (again it was a pioneer) was great but it started making funny noises and neally everytime you go over railway tracks, bumps in the road or drive on shitty gravel roads it would cut out. In the end it wouldnt turn on again after i used the battery in another vehicle, i have a feeling that its got broken solder joints.

Thats what mine were doing.

To properly tune the sub u defintly need a seperate rca out for it, and lpf / hpf and a subsonic filter! I suppose you could get away with just 2 rca outs with a ute , as you would prolly use just the rear ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk