Sign in to follow this  
blackxt

3 inch lowering block u bolts

Can any one let me no were I can buy u bolts to suit three inch lowering blocks. I tried pedders but they were to short . And the rest I seen only come with blocks as well that I don't really need.

dont use 3 inch blocks really unsafe ,chuck em in the bin, as Ant said flip a leaf ,the 2nd smallest one will drop it the same as your blocks an the cops wont be able to defect you!

Seen as I had a spare pair of leaf springs, I would try flipping the bottom leaf which is about 450mm in length, when I flipped it to the top there was a gap of about 100mm, started with a couple of g clamps, and got the gap down to about 40mm, but got the shits due to the tension, does this sound right?

the smaller spring is a pain, it wont really do anything ,2nd leaf spring ,yes the tension, is hard ,before you pull the spring down drop a big phillips head screw driver or a bit of threaded rod with nuts onit to keep the bolt hole lined up as well ,yes getting the shits with cars is normal 

long u bolts are available from the same guys who do the kits, i sell the N.A Parts versions, most stores would need to order them in but there available from most auto stores

Yeah I thought that . I got them from repco last time. And every were I go say sorry there not available. But don't even ring . <br /><br />Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

That sounds like a bastard of a job to flip a leaf... I don't really get how I works anyway, are you trying to flatten the spring and make the hight of the diff a leaf higher? 3" blocks aren't to bad. Seen a guy the other day his xy had two 2" blocks on top of each other and then a 1" block on top of the already dodgy other two. I don't even know how it didn't somehow go wrong in the time he's owned it. He just had threaded rod bent with an oxy for u bolts. Crazy.

That sounds like a bastard of a job to flip a leaf... I don't really get how I works anyway, are you trying to flatten the spring and make the hight of the diff a leaf higher? 3" blocks aren't to bad. Seen a guy the other day his xy had two 2" blocks on top of each other and then a 1" block on top of the already dodgy other two. I don't even know how it didn't somehow go wrong in the time he's owned it. He just had threaded rod bent with an oxy for u bolts. Crazy.

What the actual fuck??? This has got to be made up right???? Even if it was true he wouldnt be able to drive it as his spring plate would have been holding the wheel up off the ground.

2" blocks are safe enough, any more and your asking for trouble, the old leaf spring rear flops all over the place under load and on the brakes, give it more leverage and your in for a suprise.

This is mine with 2.5" blocks (excuse the dirtiness of mine)

IMG_20121009_143555-1_zpsadf31caa.jpg

As it is I've already scraped both the bottom of my u bolts and the base of my shock... I really wouldn't go any bigger without larger rims.