CHESTNUTXE

CLEVELAND ENGINE TALK

29 posts in this topic

T. Meyer I think it is. They'd be a 400 crank with the mains spun down to 2.75" down from 3". Probably some sort of Chev rod and/or custom pistons. Either that or full custom rods.

In the past, 400 engines were worth scrap over there, so cores were cheap. They were made for 12 years vs only 4 for the clevo, so plenty more around. Dunno about now, folks are waking up to their bang-for-buck potential.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

I mean a stroker kit to suit the 400 around 470 c.i odd

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Never heard of that one, but sounds like a real chugger with about 4.7" stroke. That's diesel truck territory. Serious piston speed there

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Valvebouncer likes this

On 8/8/2018 at 10:18 PM, bear351c said:

You can buy lifter bore sleeve kits, now.  Ream out, press in sleeve, ream again, problem solved. 

Simples.

Simples

Also saw on Roadkill Garage with the Clevo Commando build, (408C 650hp solid roller)

about new lifters (solid roller tho) so you don't have to bush lifter bores, I'll look up who made them later.

I'd love to build a 440 Clevo, Arrow block 4.125" bore, Scat 4.100" crank, Scott Cook SCM alloy heads, SCM air supremacy intake, BIG high lift solid roller cam,

But for now I'll plan a 351 hyd roller or 393/408 AFD. after I rebuild my mates mystery 351c

CHESTNUTXE and bear351c like this

yeah im back on the hunt for a windsor or clevo to go sic big stroker i would really like the 468 windsor with dart block or big ass clevo or even consider 429/460 just finding engines at reasonable prices is getting hard even harder std bore blocks