CHESTNUTXE

PILLOW BLOCK 357 C.I. CLEVELAND

Onya Thom.

Sounds good CHESTNUTXE. Crisp and responsive. Actually gave me that itch to get mine in!! Hopefully Hendrixhc watches this and finally starts his bloody XE!! Hehe.

Thanks i bought the car in jan 2015 ,then gave it a make over with all the original ESP bits,then found a 82 pillowblock and started to build the engine,has all new suspension,diff,scheel interior ect,fmx gearbox.original pioneer stereo with cassette player,and it is a T colour code chestnut car with T code trim sierra-tan.

Onya Thom.

Sounds good CHESTNUTXE. Crisp and responsive. Actually gave me that itch to get mine in!! Hopefully Hendrixhc watches this and finally starts his bloody XE!! Hehe.

Patience Grasshopper.

To busy out enjoying the XC at the FNC Cruise last night!

ok the exhaust is fitted and i took it for a better drive,it goes way beyond what i thawt,you click it back to second and its like the sonic boom when 3rd kicks in,the 3.27 gearing is ok because the motor has heaps more power then the crossy,im stoked how hard it actualy goes,only a mild cam ,and i built it myself,i had a couple of half stabbs on the gas and the pick up was crazy !

I just did the first oil change and added another comp cams cocktail container ,took it for a good half an hour drive ,soon i will change the dizzy springs to suit the new cam cause its not giving enough advance at 12 deg.

After about 1000kms all is good and no real problems except some tiny oil leaks,looking at getting some roller rockers either yella terra or scorpion bolt on's.

With the tiny cam that is in it power is as soon as you touch the gas until 4000 odd,which gerg guessed correct a tow cam and it hauls ass up hills,but down the track i will definatly get a hyd roller 1800-5800 rpm ,alloy intake and roller rockers,5/16 bolt on are ok for mild race and street apps,but once you step up to bigger cams and spring ratings you definatly want 7/16 or 3/8 rockers.

I'm planing to build a angry 302c gerg, my plans are stuck on heads at the moment, CNC ported irons, AFD 2V's, CHI 185's

CNC ported 2V's, AED's flow enough for 550hp on a 393. My neighbor flowed some CNC 2v's on his bench at 580hp not sure what porter tho

& by pavteks cnc ported ones are 182cc intake runner

AFD's would cost about the same as irons but have a 200cc intake runner which is a bit big for a 302, tho I have a afd hirise,

CHI 185 3V's would suit it but are $2000 bare & not many 2nd hand ones about.

2V irons flowing nearly 600? That's definitely a feat. From what I've researched, 500 is doing well. 600hp is approaching 300 cfm, where many ported 2Vs seem to top out at about 250. Bottom end should handle 8000 rpm if prepped right. A workmate spins his 351 clevo to 7500 in his ski boat, stock crank and rods. Short stroke should handle more.