TF_250

Next Peice of the Puzzle Cont.

Nice outcome. The extra torque and power coming in earlier should help get the car moving a bit better. Do you think there would be any weight saving with this setup over the crossflow?

Nice outcome. The extra torque and power coming in earlier should help get the car moving a bit better. Do you think there would be any weight saving with this setup over the crossflow?

The torque from 3000 to 4000 is way different to the old motor.

As for the weight I'm not sure on that one I would say the DOHC would be heavier but not by much all the weight difference would be in the head if say. The short block may be lighter so if would be close. I plan to weigh the car when I can at the drags and compare it to what I had before.

Love the VCT... Hits the sweet spot at any given rpm. You'll be in the 12s with this shoved in a Corty and geared right. Impressive results... Nearly 100 hp over stock!

Wow thats a BIG hole in the crossflow curve. 60 footers should improve quite a bit and pull better through half track, all leads to some better times ahead. Yes pun intended

I'd be aiming for around 3800-ish. Any higher will put you out of the meaty range on the upshift. Not much between the two engines overall, with the max difference being only 15Nm (albeit more across the entire range) but the original goal was to equal or better the crossflow with better driveability. I think that's been easily achieved and done really well. Hats off to you mate, we're all watching in anticipation for the 1/4 results... No pressure :)

Well here comes the learning curve.No doubt it will be quicker when sorted as it has the power on tap already and in a more drivable platform but the rest of the car may need some tweaking to suit,who knows ? But it won't be slower :)

Not the only 1 been done but the only 1 I know of going in a Corty NAT ASP for racing which deserves props on that alone. 

Original goal was to replace the crossflow with another engine of similar power, goal archived in my book. If I had a dollar for very time I was told that one of the many different things I was doing wouldn't work it would have made over 400hp!!!! I think it will go just fine and do exactly what I want it to do. The series I currently run in has a et cutoff of 11.50 soooo maybe in trouble there time will tell!!

What about doing a run with the handbrake up 3 of 4 clicks? LOL

Lol I don't even have a handbrake anymore it used to drag and slow me down might have to go find all the parts again!!!!