Sign in to follow this  
EgoXF

anybody done a custom headliner?

everytime i get into my ute lately the first thing i notice is how shitty my headliner is so i'm looking into replacing it with something custom. the first thing i want to do is get rid of the rods that hold it up there because they shit me to tears and bring the liner a little closer to the roof. i'd like to maybe be able to do it without having to tuck it under the window rubbers which could bring some difficulty but im doing my homework. here's a couple of ideas;

I like the bars that go across the roof on this one because it gives it an old school feel and it would be a good replacement for the polls that hold it up.

1955-chevy-nomad-headliner_zpsa3e4278a.j

this ones a little more difficult i think but i've noticed that a lot of cars use these solid headliners and i think that if i could make one of these it would work well. i just need to know what they make them out of and how to shape it.

6691001133_42d363b47c_z_zpsa33d6811.jpg

6691002667_9e022eb624_z_zpsd3c48a0f.jpg

6691011615_2c82d253d2_z_zpsa24cd024.jpg

i would love to hear any ideas you guys might have :) 

yeah I thats one issue i'll have to work out. I'll do some measuring and see if it will fit, otherwise i could maybe do some reshaping. 

hmmm i wonder if my friends who own alpha Motorsport would make me one out of carbon fiber or fiberglass haha. 

I just had a new hoodlining done in my xd sedan, it is still a suspended one, but we used the seat material which is dark grey (same as ve commodore unfortunately) and it looks a shit load better than the original one.

nice work! I'm going to hit the local wreckers tommorow and see what they have lying around, i also know a mate who recently drove his mint XH into the front of a house, so that mint car is now being parted out and I think i might take all of the interior out of it to replace my broken old shitty plastics

heres my current headliner, you can see now why i want it gone! i liked the stripe that i have put into it but its stretched and ripped by people taking it out and putting it back in again. not to mention i couldn't get it under that rear seal! haha.

PC090003_zpsf3531ff3.jpg

PC090004_zpsd2d9949b.jpg

aaaaaand heres my new xh molded one! heres hoping i'll be able to make it work! haha. the plan is to rewrap it in a vinyl or some other material, i'll figure it out when i get there. 

PC090005_zpsebdc5c4f.jpg

yeah it should be the same, im still yet to size it up and try it though so who knows. i think the only difference between the xh and xf is the roundness of the roof