mcfly94

Can 5.0L injection (of eb/ed/ef/el/au) be fitted to any 302?

in n.s.w its about who you know and how honest you are if your mate has a ticket for rego,for me rego is still a pain as i need to think about my mate losing his ticket if the cars i work on or my cars are not up to scratch ,so i strive to have them 100% as it makes me sleep better knowing my mate doesnt get fucked over,

Yeah that's my point, its the same everywhere. the whole system is flawed. you could pass a roady in jan, then in march your tires are bald-ish and then you have to go back anyway (if you get a defect obviously). But they need to take the powers away from cops and start an actual sector for on road vechile inspectors. cops don't know there ar*e from their face when it comes to cars and need to stop wasting everyones time

is rann still in?

Jay Weatherall dude

Yeah that's my point, its the same everywhere. the whole system is flawed. you could pass a roady in jan, then in march your tires are bald-ish and then you have to go back anyway (if you get a defect obviously). But they need to take the powers away from cops and start an actual sector for on road vechile inspectors. cops don't know there ar*e from their face when it comes to cars and need to stop wasting everyones time

Jay Weatherall dude

whoever the bloody hell that is!, haven't notice any difference to the state lately, except 40kmh speed limits! probably his fault!

SA GREAT was the best logo why change it to the silly door .!?!?!?!

I know SA laws are very tuff when it comes to modifications as I remember got pulled over in the XD I had 24 hours to change back to my original steering wheel (had a mono steering wheel) an had chrome strut towers instead of the original black ones. I didn't argue as I was more shocked but i looked into it and law states this. :(
If your planning on putting a V8 in the XF go to Regency ask the questions to one of the guys there and they will tell you the what options are and do's for this conversion for it to be legal.

Seriously, with all the fun of Regency (Vehicle Inspection centre in SA), Mods to the firewall, changing the loom, mounts, springs, V8 dash conversion.............it's probly a cheaper option. If you like the XF a lot, the front panels will swap onto XD/XE.

Nope, the cops dont get too picky with panels, XC front on XB etc, but, engines and suspension, they're real hot on.

Can get defected here for not having tyre placard in door jamb, windscreen squirters not working or non standard engine bits. Holleys/Air Horns/ Harnesses and such.

You know,...the stuff that makes your car SAFER !  Racing seats, Harnesses, bigger brakes, low profile tyres...........

But, Granny Ethel can drive her 180B down the road with the front guard flaping in the breeze, and rust holes in the boot, so big, you can see the back seat. But at least it's standard.

it is a backward society we live in!

racing seat and racing harness,s i can see the problem here as a lot of people dont have a clue ,on how to safely mount said  items,lol

many years ago i was looking at this guys car its polished roll cage had blue tack holding it to the floor ,?

Nope, the cops dont get too picky with panels, XC front on XB etc, but, engines and suspension, they're real hot on.

Can get defected here for not having tyre placard in door jamb, windscreen squirters not working or non standard engine bits. Holleys/Air Horns/ Harnesses and such.

You know,...the stuff that makes your car SAFER !  Racing seats, Harnesses, bigger brakes, low profile tyres...........

But, Granny Ethel can drive her 180B down the road with the front guard flaping in the breeze, and rust holes in the boot, so big, you can see the back seat. But at least it's standard.

Granny state it is and you've hit the nail on the head, couldn't have said it any better.

Hopefully mcfly94 does his home work.

Granny state it is and you've hit the nail on the head, couldn't have said it any better.

Hopefully mcfly94 does his home work.

yeah I know, going to rebuild all the main parts on my car, like brakes, diff, trans, steering box as they need attention, then the car will have just about everything replaced ready for a bigger power setup

Why not just get complete late EL- AU3 XR8 running gear ? They rated from factory 185-220kw (gt40p headed). It's not worth the trouble of fitting the e7 headed 165-175kw Windsor from eb-el xr8 and non XR8 v8s in AU. The e7 heads are not great for performance and the manifolds aren't good either so even fitting them to an earlier block would give disappointing results.

A manual AU setup with a cam and remap would get along nicely in an XF.

Nicely done. I'm in SA too. What did you have to do to rego it as an 8? Did they care that it was a windsor and whether it was injected?

I know this is old but I want to correct XPTCrossy. All AU V8s were GT40P headed with explorer manifolds. None of the E7/HO stuff. Still had shit exhaust manifolds though aside from XR8.

Hi dave :)

ZK was released with a v8, so easy done. Had to inform them of the engine change and number.

they gave me a list of what I had to do and I did it, however, they wanted access to the ECU, and its not stock,

the engine you see here is the old one, NC V8, I now have an ED XR8 engine, GT40P heads, with Edelbrock gear

I asked regency what i had to do and i just went to rego office and filled out a 'change of engine' form.

The list they gave me was all common sense really. Upgrade brakes and suspension, cat converters.