mcfly94

Can 5.0L injection (of eb/ed/ef/el/au) be fitted to any 302?

As the title states, thinking about building a new engine for my car, starting with a block.

Ideally I want 351 but I want a street legal petrol running xf too.

So ill either be going straight lpg turbo xflow or efi Windsor.

Can all the injection gear be setup onto any Windsor block?>

so you want to take all the efi gear of a 5LW out of a e series and fit it to a 302 4.9W? If so, (I may be wrong as I haven't personally tried) it wont work. they are two different blocks and I would think different manifolds etc. You'll either have to put the whole 5LW with all the computers and wiring into the car or stay with just a normal Carb 302 4.9. you may be able to get an aftermarket setup somewhere to achieve an efi 302 4.9. I may be wrong but im just thinking logically

so you want to take all the efi gear of a 5LW out of a e series and fit it to a 302 4.9W? If so, (I may be wrong as I haven't personally tried) it wont work. they are two different blocks and I would think different manifolds etc. You'll either have to put the whole 5LW with all the computers and wiring into the car or stay with just a normal Carb 302 4.9. you may be able to get an aftermarket setup somewhere to achieve an efi 302 4.9. I may be wrong but im just thinking logically

yeah I could run msd or holley efi that bolts on a carb its only $2500 setup, but would regency like that setup rather than a standard ecu setup.

if its engineered it should be ok to pass regency but you have trouble right at the start with the v8 going into an xf. you might be better off buying an xd/xe rolling shell ex-V8 and then do what you like.

Efi gear will bolt onto an early Windsor, blocks are dimensionally the same except for the lifter bores (they a slightly higher up in a roller Windsor block and using a flat tappet cam in a roller block can cause issues and vise versa (unless your using an aftermarket cam and lifters for the Non roller block)) but why do you want to, large benefits to running a roller cam over a flat tappet

if its engineered it should be ok to pass regency but you have trouble right at the start with the v8 going into an xf. you might be better off buying an xd/xe rolling shell ex-V8 and then do what you like.

not engineering it, unless of course I become one.

Many in Adelaide have passed a 5l efi in xg/xf with just a mod plate

Efi gear will bolt onto an early Windsor, blocks are dimensionally the same except for the lifter bores (they a slightly higher up in a roller Windsor block and using a flat tappet cam in a roller block can cause issues and vise versa (unless your using an aftermarket cam and lifters for the Non roller block)) but why do you want to, large benefits to running a roller cam over a flat tappet

just if I cant find a roller block

just if I cant find a roller block

All efi 5.0's we had here were a roller block,your best off buying a shitty old fairlaine with a 5.0 to use as a donor, Au is the best to start with (better intake and heads as well as coil packs and a very tidy wiring loom compared to e series, more power too) you could probably find a smashed/ damaged NC/nf/nl/Au for somewhere between $800-$1500

Most that you see with the XF/XG with 5L are from interstate and have been transferred over here. It is a long and annoying process getting that sort of conversion through regency. you will need to get it passed with an actual mechanic pass and sign off as you will need extra reinforcing along with a change of suspension and brakes. again, I would go down the road of a xd/xe or something later. XFs and EAs are damn hard to get through regency, as well as any other car that did not come out with a V8 as an option.

Most that you see with the XF/XG with 5L are from interstate and have been transferred over here. It is a long and annoying process getting that sort of conversion through regency. you will need to get it passed with an actual mechanic pass and sign off as you will need extra reinforcing along with a change of suspension and brakes. again, I would go down the road of a xd/xe or something later. XFs and EAs are damn hard to get through regency, as well as any other car that did not come out with a V8 as an option.

I know someone that did it in Adelaide.

extra reinforcing for what?

suspension is easy as pie, change front springs

brakes are better on the xf anyway and generally have greater braking ability over xd/xe, I have eb rear diff and brakes anyway.

sounds so much easier just to go the turbo option then...

either way you'll have to legally take it through regency and you're gonna be picked and combed for any and everything. I would say turbo would be slight, I mean slightly easier. brakes are rubbish on an xf compared to xd xe. either way on xf you'll have to upgrade brakes for either v8 or turbo which you would have to do on the xd xe anyway. you're better off keeping the xf as a daily and getting something else to throw buckets of money on or into and go nuts with eng/trans

either way you'll have to legally take it through regency and you're gonna be picked and combed for any and everything. I would say turbo would be slight, I mean slightly easier. brakes are rubbish on an xf compared to xd xe. either way on xf you'll have to upgrade brakes for either v8 or turbo which you would have to do on the xd xe anyway. you're better off keeping the xf as a daily and getting something else to throw buckets of money on or into and go nuts with eng/trans

I know what it is like to go through regency, car will pass if all bushes are in well condition, good steering box, non frayed seat belts, working electrics, decent body work, good tyres, no oil leaks what so ever, and just a well built car, which is what I want anyway.

how can you say xf brakes are rubbish when I have girlock calipers which are the same as xa/xb/xc/xd/xe, factory fitted calipers, and I say xf better due to rear brakes mostly being discs.

don't think I could start another car.

I find the pedal is crap compared to xd/e. yes they look at all that stuff but if you start mod'ing they start picking up on more. 41 cars ago I didn't think I could have more then 2 cars either ;)

I find the pedal is crap compared to xd/e. yes they look at all that stuff but if you start mod'ing they start picking up on more. 41 cars ago I didn't think I could have more then 2 cars either ;)

yeah I know, few things I wouldn't pass for atm, too low, too loud, egr pipe gone, and I don't know what they would say about the ba seats.

yeah I know, few things I wouldn't pass for atm, too low, too loud, egr pipe gone, and I don't know what they would say about the ba seats.

best thing is not to say or point a thing out to them ,see if they notice ,

so better think of something else

what you mean? to do the driveline?

best thing is not to say or point a thing out to them ,see if they notice ,

I know to keep my mouth shut to, dad made that mistake when he asked if his cam was alright to be in there, and it wasn't haha.

best to think of either another way to do the driveline or another project

yeah that's gay, on another note, do you need to get a change of seats mod plated?

basically only if you modify the seating layout or capacity do you need a mod plate. I have seen people get defected for putting racing seats in, even properly so it can be a touch and go subject

All efi 5.0's we had here were a roller block,your best off buying a shitty old fairlaine with a 5.0 to use as a donor, Au is the best to start with (better intake and heads as well as coil packs and a very tidy wiring loom compared to e series, more power too) you could probably find a smashed/ damaged NC/nf/nl/Au for somewhere between $800-$1500

Easiest way to do it.  The other is to give the transport standards branch a call and discuss what you want to do.  Then take it from there.

I'm staying with a 4.1 for this reason.  I just cant be fucked with the aggro.