2redrovers

Custom bodywork and design ideas

Here's my attempt for you, I've been playing for ages with images of the net but can't find anything that the angle is right for the front.

NZXD%20half_zpstu6cmrvg.png

If you have a square on side on image in the current seduce red it would make it much easier, i can only find one in your thread from before it was painted.

Blue ute was close to the right angle if there's a higher quality image around somewhere. I'm starting to get the hang of making a pic fit another pics angles, within reason. The recolouring is what I have the most trouble with. Can't work out how some of these guys do paint jobs and colour changes so well.

Fuck I love P5s, they're euro style and muscle all in one. I'd make mine into a corner-carver, supercharged 4.6 and injection, t56 and big brakes. In turquoise metallic, shod with wide steelies and redwalls. Yeh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Satin would look good but I'd go paint instead of wrap. I was pretty happy with the colour combo as it came out. Was simply the colours of the photos I used as a base and I think the two tone works well. If I went satin black body I'd maybe do an old school lace job on the roof.

You have to have a high quality paint job under wraps to be free of defects, so why cover it up. Just paint it right and it'll last longer anyway.

Yeah sure.  Just thinking outside the box. I'm not a fan of wrap, but whatever floats ya boat. 

I'd still paint a car flat black, instead of wrap. Thought I'd throw it at the wall, and see if it sticks......  :D

Figured I'd chuck these here so they don't get lost in the off topic.

Starting point
434d0c335aee3156f18b5c77e57a06fa.jpg
First version
1e05e786e284239b4b7142479dfa5f68.jpg
Shortened to same wheelbase as a '16 ranger
b7e05f832c76223ef4a193fb92731a03.jpg
With ranger ghost for comparison
4abfbc65d7ff4b53d28b93028c5003a1.jpg
The way I did the rear pillar /window is more like a sedan but actually neither ute or sedan exactly. The rear door is a blend of rear and front door sections. Tub is shorter too. I think I liked the more upright pillar but this uses standard glass everywhere.