SXE357

Clevo 351 in XF Falcon/ZL Fairlane/FE LTD?

Hi guys, 

Has anyone had any experience with a 351 in any of the XF series cars, with the different firewall?

I have fitted an ZL Fairlane Firewall into my XE, which has also had a 351 fitted, as the firewall protrudes further into the Engine bay, there is very little space between the rear of the 351 and the firewall, this causes the problem of the heater hoses bending at an extreme angle and/or coming in contact with the engine.

Im trying to find a work around, maybe 90 degree elbows flush up against the firewall, and the hoses running out from there.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

easy conversion dont cut shit ,,get a die grinder ,elongate the holes on the engine xmember forward, then get cleveland engine mount platesan elongate holes to the rear 1 inch on both parts, with the heater hoses stick a small piece of wooden dowl in them an gently pull upwards being careful not to break or split them, you dont need to hit cut belt the fire wall just leave it alone ,you will however have to get rid of that stupid fire wall pad, and trim down those long heater studs,

you will need to get power steering hoses made

use v8  xd xe radiator or xf 2x core heave duty radiator

if u need more info please ask as ive done this conversion heaps of times ,

Gidday ReVhEaD, 

Is bending the pipes up the only way to go? Im assuming that is so you can still get the heater box out if you need to?

I don't have a firewall pad in the engine bay, and when you say trim down the long heater studs, they are what the nuts go onto to hold the heater box to the firewall?

Cheers

yes ,but its not the only way you can pull the dash  n play with the heater outlets ,how much room have u got back there, and yes the long heater studs 

Not sure how much room, not a lot though, RevHead. 

Will be having a good look at it over the weekend, will work out a solution, but I think moving the engine forward and bending the heater pipes is the way to go as you suggest 

I wouldn't recommend hooking the heater up to the A/C condenser.

I done it on my ute for a while, and the air from the vents was always warm, even if the heater selector was on cold. Switched back to normal heater outlets and it worked normally.

Thats funny, I wanted to use the adjustable steering column out of my ZL but for some reason it came out a lot further than the XE one, no matter how I played with it, it wouldnt fit. So I kept the original XE column, was disappointed.