hal351

Opinions wanted.

Have decided to get my xf painted gloss black ,but undecided about window trims. Should I keep them chrome or get painted satin black. The finished product will be badgeless( might keep guard n rear ghia badge) and already removed all body moulds. Any and all opinions are welcome.

Gloss black is the hardest colour to keep nice. You will see every mark in it, washing it will we a nightmare. Get a swirl and you will have to detail the whole panel. Black looks the best when done right but that includes all the care as well. And yes any panel imperfection will stick out like dogs balls

I thought they offered silver fox on xy's as well, I'm probably wrong again. Gunmetal grey was the colour I was trying to think of, brings back memories of my dads uncles v8 EH in gunmetal grey.

Gloss black with chrome trim does look awesome.

I think it looks the goods on the XD due to the sharp chiseled lines of the front. The XF is slightly softer, but with the right wheel you could easy pull it off. Just my 2 cents.

Gun metal Grey +1, if looked good on a Mitsibishi Cordia, it will suit the squarish body of the falcon.

And it won't show up as much shit. mettalic with a few nice coats of clear......mmmmmm....

Jack.

So many good colours. Narrowed it down to black, silver ,gunmetal grey or a dark metallic blue.

The black would be easiest for me to paint but most body work.

Have another boot lid I might sample each colour on.

Yeah i vote the gunmetal grey.

Some XF Falcons left the factory in a grey colour called 'Teledo'

its very much like the gunmetal colour. I use to own one back in 1998

it was in the Teledo colour with a white and red pinstripe on it,

Only reason i ever got rid of that car was 'money', i didn't have any.  :(