XTREME KARTS XF

302c wont kick into life

keep a spare wire that will reach  from the solenoid trigger in case it leaves you stranded one day(due to the neutral switch) can crank it on the positive post of the battery or put a switch on it.

needle and seat seems likely in this case for running rough... turn the petrol lock off into the middle and crank it over for a bit, if it comes good will mean its stuck needle and seat.

you should have fancy gross jet needle and seat for it in that shed? that might fix it.

PS... take the holley with you when you go to Deni... at least you have a backup if the themoquad packs up.

keep a spare wire that will reach  from the solenoid trigger in case it leaves you stranded one day(due to the neutral switch) can crank it on the positive post of the battery or put a switch on it.

needle and seat seems likely in this case for running rough... turn the petrol lock off into the middle and crank it over for a bit, if it comes good will mean its stuck needle and seat.

you should have fancy gross jet needle and seat for it in that shed? that might fix it.

PS... take the holley with you when you go to Deni... at least you have a backup if the themoquad packs up.

Cheers for the advice Dean!! Yeah dad sold a heap of Holley Grose Jets to Johnny Dyno back in the 90's and sold 2 to family friends of ours who raced V8 Commodore Cup.

Yep definitely going to take the Holley as a spare carby to Deni!!

i thought the neutral switch had adjustment in it, rotates on slotted mounts slightly

Which way to rotate it? Left our right? It has elongated mount holes.

Cheers for the advice Dean!! Yeah dad sold a heap of Holley Grose Jets to Johnny Dyno back in the 90's and sold 2 to family friends of ours who raced V8 Commodore Cup.

Yep definitely going to take the Holley as a spare carby to Deni!!

Which way to rotate it? Left our right? It has elongated mount holes.

Well i've adjusted the safety switch acording to my gregerys repair manual using a no. 43 drill shank (0.89" or 2.26mm)

257706_968686216491131_24707097554460294

did you add an extra few poofteenths to cater for the wear/slop in the 30year old linkages?

i would do it with a multi meter normally. lock it into Park with the column shift, make sure the linkage is adjusted on the trans and IS in Park properly. then adjust the neutral switch till the meter reads continuity in park/neutral (and reverse)

No i didnt think of that Dean, i'll concider it for next time. Theres a bloke on Ebay who makes the column linkage bushes.

How do you adjust it with a multimeter?

put the wires into the neutral switch plug. then again, if you were quick(not to burn out the coil with motor off), you could leave the ign on and adjust it in Reverse till the lights light up..

If you ever have the dissy out, suss out the advance bob weights.

Cals XD wagon wasn't starting reliably when hot, so I helped to rebuild the dissy - replaced the pickup induction coil and greased everything else.

The advance weights were seized up rock solid as the original grease had solidified.

Seemed to start and run so much easier after the minor refurb.

If you ever have the dissy out, suss out the advance bob weights.

Cals XD wagon wasn't starting reliably when hot, so I helped to rebuild the dissy - replaced the pickup induction coil and greased everything else.

The advance weights were seized up rock solid as the original grease had solidified.

Seemed to start and run so much easier after the minor refurb.

How easy is it rebuild the distributor? Might pickup another one and give it a go myself :)

Well i replaced the neutrel safety switch and it wont start in Neutrel or Park, wtf is going on? The reverse lights work when its in reverse and the column selector is right hard to move when i do up the bolts for the safety switch.

It kicks over when you jump it from the starter.....

Well i replaced the neutrel safety switch and it wont start in Neutrel or Park, wtf is going on? The reverse lights work when its in reverse and the column selector is right hard to move when i do up the bolts for the safety switch.

It kicks over when you jump it from the starter.....

has it got a relay like the XF? if not, add one.