Sign in to follow this  
scottly

power steering pump help for cleveland engines

hey guys,

I am in need of a new standard style power steering pump for my clevo xd .

If any one has purchased one lately how much did you pay and where from warranty ect, im wondering where is the best place to buy a new one from.

I have aslo been told you can use other pumps from different makes and models unsure on this??

any help would be awesome thanks scott 

They are in fact a GM Salisbury unit and were pretty much universal. The differences lie in pulley size and type, return hose nipple ouruentation and output pressure. The basic pump is very similar. I dare say a standard 6-cyl one will work.

You cannot just use a saginaw pump either unless it already has one? They came with a c2 pump and different bracketry. To buy the gear all new its like $500 inc a GM chromed new pump, a pulley to suit and a bracket kit. You can buy all this online probaly cheaper.

thanks for the replys guys, shit I just read the bracket requirements I am using a after market oem style alloy bracket that requires a Saginaw pump with a mounting stud in the lower right corner at the back of the pump if this helps? ill have a look online now  

They are in fact a GM Salisbury unit and were pretty much universal. The differences lie in pulley size and type, return hose nipple ouruentation and output pressure. The basic pump is very similar. I dare say a standard 6-cyl one will work.

Sorry Saginaw.... I knew it started with an "S"

Stupid brain

i've got a 6cyl pump on the XC saginaw style.

want me to throw some pics up? pretty sure mine uses standard bracketry. not sure what pulley is on it though. can measure if you want?

thanks for the interest guys

hendrixhc that looks exactly like what I am after, what brand pulley is that and is it a Cleveland standard type or like chev one??, engine bays don't get much better than that in my books but a garret plumed in there would look bloody bonza  :P good work mate and thanks 

ilied thanks for the reply I think ill buy some new gear like posted in the pics above and millgrove is near warburton its like the Sunnyvale of the yarra valley its a fair shit hole I talk to maybe 5 people that live here

xcsedan thanks for the reply and your offer im going to buy new it looks so good

I will keep in mind if I ever need another one

Sorry for the hijack got the same problem

Yeah sorry Bud, GM style. Thanks Tyler.

All fit fine with a $9 Aeroflow adapter!

love your engine bay hendrix been watching your build thread for a while, but i'm curious will any gm saginaw pump fit those brackets as i have the same setup but my current pump doesn't have the stud for the rear mount? notice there's a few slightly different ones and wanna make sure i get the right one

love your engine bay hendrix been watching your build thread for a while, but i'm curious will any gm saginaw pump fit those brackets as i have the same setup but my current pump doesn't have the stud for the rear mount? notice there's a few slightly different ones and wanna make sure i get the right one

Thanks Mate!

Sorry i cant remember for the life of me which pump it is. It did have a stud sticking out which i had to remove and put another bolt in because the stud wasnt long enough to secure through the bracket supplied with the bracket kit.

I can have a scratch around through all the receipts a bit later cause i should still have it somewhere.

Cheers bud, was it much work changing the rear stud? Most likely would have to do it as well

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

No piece of cake. took all of 2 minutes, just screwed straight out.

Still looking for that receipt. The ball and chain has been pissing around in the paperwork and "misplaced" it.

Ah that's a relief thought it may have been welded on or something to make it difficult lol no rush figure it should be fine to just go with any of the gm ones but trying to stay away from chrome which they all seem to be

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Finally found the receipt for the power steering pump.

Its a Power steering pump Saginaw Chrome - Pt # RPCR3913. $200 from Outlaw Speed Shop.

Be interested to see what your clevo looks like with all the black aeroflow gear when you got it fitted. i thought of going that way but went alloy instead. Still gotta do Lucy Lu one day and might go that way for a contrast.