unfamilia

e series v8 into xd

mate im fitting an efi 02 widsor into my xe its a bolt in fit give the e series engine mounts the flick the older x series mounts bolt straight on and fit x series v8 engine mount plates ,piece of piss ,also if you going auto you can do as i did an take the factory floor munts off the bodu and move them back 7 inches as the auto pan hits in them in the original placve ,plus you wont need to make a bullshit xmember ,just do it nice and neat and rego wont be the wiser....

XD onwards is a bit smaller in the bay isn't it?

XA-onwards are as wide as they got. A little Windsor in one of those bays would be swallowed even more easily than an OHC donk.

I noticed how incredibly shit the stock headers looked when I picked up my windsor. My budget is tight(bloody ZH) so I hope I can find some that fit reasonably cheap seeing the whole exhaust will cost a fair bit.

They looked particularly shit next to the extractors for my ZH.

Like revhead said, just use them until funds are ready, it will still run.

My headers cost 700 including freight, great thing is they drop straight into the xd bay with the Windsor in place.

a btr flex plate behind the windsor will bolt up to a clevo c4 and the converter mates straight up to have to run a clevo starter tho then you can just get a set of c4 collum shift linkages.

and secondly i know its ment to be yaer of the motor but how many old cars are running around with re made blocks and get re regoed fine? wack a carby on (any 289/302 manifold will work) and just dont worry about it.

tend to agree that alot of uninformed people wouldn't notice what windsor you had. I think the issue is that its not a clevo. Whats the legality of a windsor over a clevland.

Just the fact that if it came out the factory with one, no engineers or inspection required. All parts are available, so drop straight in. If you give the Rego people the engine number, they'll know......I always keep a cracked engine block out the back, for just such an occasion. Number stamps on ebay. :ph34r:

Honestly, 90% of people wouldn't even know the difference. (the other 10% are Ford nuts).

Just the fact that if it came out the factory with one, no engineers or inspection required. All parts are available, so drop straight in. If you give the Rego people the engine number, they'll know......I always keep a cracked engine block out the back, for just such an occasion. Number stamps on ebay. :ph34r:

Honestly, 90% of people wouldn't even know the difference. (the other 10% are Ford nuts).

you sure on that to them its only a engine number i've pitted pre xflow in a xf and i had that car regoed in 4 diffrent states no questions asked and had a few windsor powered xc's same diff and i know that was a e series motor

3. Replacement engine is not of a type and/or make offered by the vehicle manufacturer as an option for that vehicle, but is equivalent in general configuration, power, mass, and emissions standard to that of the original or an optional engine for the vehicle model and can be installed without any structural alterations.
The change of engine may be recorded by VicRoads provided that the registered operator or a motor mechanic, or dealer in that make of vehicle or an Automotive Engineer signs a declaration certifying that all modifications made by the manufacturer for the same vehicle model with that engine, have been completed.

SA regs say no old engine in newer car body. Old Windsor XT, XW no good. New 5.0 litre Windsor ok, in E series. Providing it complies with emission control, etc etc.

Stoopid, flogbag, guvment departments...... should have National road laws for mods, speed limits, demerits, etc. Then I could buy a 6/71, 302Windsor and drop in my NF Fairlane and get it registered in any state, ( providing it's roadworthy. )