TF_250

Next Peice of the Puzzle Cont.

yeah the wood the go just drilling holes in it to make it lighter!!!

I have had a couple of issues that came up and was avoiding pulling the motor but once i did it they had to be fixed. Had a little sump clearance issue so the corner of the sump had to cut off and re-welded. Also I'm plumbing in a oil/water heater to try and get some oil temp which I really struggle with, and have had a leak in the gearbox front area which as been driving me nuts so i have pulled the trans today and think i have found the problem hopefully. All going well should be back together soon and testing before Christmas.

I have been racing for a few months now in the new season at willowbank, but not to much to report other then HOT, times will come down when the weather does!!

The car is faster then the crossflow at the same weather so I'm hoping a new pb will be run this year!!. I have been trying to sort out the 60' time and once I get rid of the rich spot seen in the data log below that will come to us as well. With the new ecu and the new way motec is doing things we are struggling to get rid of this but have had some discussions with motec and have some things to try next time out.

ececgffc_zpsltd73rfr.png

Went Out On Wednesday night for a few test runs. The weather is finally coming good and the performance fo the car is now showing. The best the crossflow did was 11.582 @ 114.44 at -414 ft altitude in the dead of winter, raced the other night at 550ft and netted the times below. There is more in this yet still getting our heads around the new motec tuning style. I also get the car back down to the same weight as when the crossflow was in it so i can have a real compare of the performance of the 2 engines.

F92D64F7-5DBF-4126-B662-11FF233185AF_zps

28th_March_Street_Series_2015_-__1459-ZF

030481EF-2DA8-49F2-967A-3BBC525430EA_zps

Went back out testing again last night, first time in 2 months

We haven't changed anything overall, had a missfire in the 1st pass so we changed the plugs and it was a jet after that had 4 good runs in a row pb after pb so all in all happy now. Weather was good but no were near cold enough.

Also did a perfect 000 light on the last pass 1st time ever in probably over 1000 passes!!

8DC9826E-FAE8-4C58-83EE-113A7E9234B0_zps

27th%20June%20Lights%20Out%20Grudge%20Ru

Thats awesome Jase so consistent, noticed the MPH is going up as well! Good to hear its the quickest and fastest DOHC n/a as well, not surprised. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that thing would be eligible for All-Motor and Jambo and that should be heading your way next right? The consistency is ridiculous and the majority of the other cars in it have a clutch, this thing would be a serious contender! Don't think a Ford has ever won All-Motor yet aye?

Thats awesome Jase so consistent, noticed the MPH is going up as well! Good to hear its the quickest and fastest DOHC n/a as well, not surprised. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that thing would be eligible for All-Motor and Jambo and that should be heading your way next right? The consistency is ridiculous and the majority of the other cars in it have a clutch, this thing would be a serious contender! Don't think a Ford has ever won All-Motor yet aye?

Yep you've convinced me, entered Jambo so we'll see how I go!!!