Harder to tune? Or you got that shit under control?

Way easier for me to tune. My ecu is an early autronic. They are very basic when compared to say a Haltec Elite, but they are more than up to the task in this application. I've not played with webers before, although they are very similar to a motor bike cv carb in their operation, so it would be a whole new world of pain for me and the jets and air bleeds etc would drive me crazy I think.

More so when you are at the dyno trying to tune it as well. Not too many webers up here so jets aren't easy to obtain. Then you add in the altitude change between here and Springmount Raceway and it's just too many variables for me.

Add in the cost to re-furb the webers, convert them to E-85 and then possibly being marginal on HP/ cylinder and it really made he decision very easy in the end. Mick @ Northside Carbs was awesome to deal with and his honest opinion made it even easier.

I can add in a petrol tune to the big meth injectors which will allow me to drain the tank, fill with petrol and then start and run the engine to flush the system and store the car without hassle.

Some guys use quick connect fitting's like a air hose and a 2-3ltr tank/can you can leave in the car or install when needed. Same size as a surge tank and maybe sat next to it and always have some petrol in it so you can switch over McEasy man.

Yeah. I've got a very small main tank and the surge. might have to look into something like that. Could always just t off the lift pump and put a quick connect on that. Turn on just the lift to drain the tank, job done. Always a way.

Stills need to work out ideal overall inlet length, by horns, make plenum. List goes on and on but I think it's a positive step forward.

Be kinda freaky, all this high tech shit in a little old corty. Oh well. Be fun.

Surge tanks and lift pumps are just dead weight in a drag car mate shouldn't need it, just run the efi pump directly off the fuel tank.

I have a 36-2 chopper wheel and magnetic sensor to suit ATI that was on my old motor if your interested.

I think with meth I may need the surge. Plan is to run twin 044's off the surge and a dash fitting at each end of the rail and return in the middle. But all this is subject to change and re think.

Might need that trigger wheel. I just need to re-check what the autronic needs. It's a very old ecu and it's been awhile since I played with it.

I hear you about the dead weight tho. At least it will be rear weight and if I stick it over the left rear it might counter act my fat arse in the right it front.

Surge tanks and lift pumps are just dead weight in a drag car mate shouldn't need it, just run the efi pump directly off the fuel tank.

I have a 36-2 chopper wheel and magnetic sensor to suit ATI that was on my old motor if your interested.

True but you need to be mindful at the drags with efi to run with hall a tank as the tanks are very flat.

Just safer really and probably debatable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O44's don't suck they need to be gravity feed, I did learn that the hard way. I run mine off the bottom of a 20ltr cell in the boot. Only ever run 10ltrs have ha 0 dramas.

I think with meth I may need the surge. Plan is to run twin 044's off the surge and a dash fitting at each end of the rail and return in the middle. But all this is subject to change and re think.

Might need that trigger wheel. I just need to re-check what the autronic needs. It's a very old ecu and it's been awhile since I played with it.

I hear you about the dead weight tho. At least it will be rear weight and if I stick it over the left rear it might counter act my fat arse in the right it front.

get the A1000, will be the last fuel pump you ever need under 1000hp

if you intend to stay street legal in QLD you can only fuel the vehicle from outside of the car, if you open the boot to fuel the car might get you in trouble 

Dave; Street legal is not an issue. The corty will never see the street. It's being built for one main purpose. 1/4mile. I might skid it, haven't made up my mind on that one. Methanol on the street is way more illegal than filling from the boot.

Jason; current rough plan is to run the 044's off the bottom of the surge. Surge will be will pressure fed by an (un-regulated) Holley blue or similar so I'm thinking that should take care of the gravity issue. What do you think?

I've sort of got the 044's in a bit of a swap/loan deal with a mate. He is moving from efi to carb and I'm going the other way so it kinda works. For the moment it will do I think. If it doesn't work I'll just go to a big single pump like the aeromotive unit.

Jason; current rough plan is to run the 044's off the bottom of the surge. Surge will be will pressure fed by an (un-regulated) Holley blue or similar so I'm thinking that should take care of the gravity issue. What do you think?

I guess it would depend on what main fuel tank you are going to use, if the std cortina tank is staying then use the surge tank for sure. If a fuel cell is to be used the way look at it, like my setup is it is basically a 20ltr surge tank. 2 044's will be plenty. Also us you would now the more electrical load you have on the alternator the more hp it will take to drive it, an extra pump in the boot may not seem like much but every Little bit helps, 1 044 will pull upto 15amps!!.

I had an alternator drama and had to use a poor quality back up and went from 13.7v average to just over 12.2v and cost a 0.05sec and 1.5mph!!!

Main tank is the old alloy tank from the burnout car. The original tank will be discarded. Yeah I'm hearing you on the load on the alternator. I'll take the charger to the track to ensure the battery is topped up. Beauty of meth is the thermo fan will never come on.

So essentially it will be just driving the pumps. None of this is 100% firm yet. As you can see by he swap to efi, I'm prone to distraction and changing plans.

Apologies to those waiting for photos of the new throttle bodies. After thinking the supplier had done a runner, because they were not answering the phone or responding to emails, it was pointed out to me that there was some open wheeler race in Melbourne last week....

Turns out the supplier is heavily involved in keeping GT cars going and hence was away from the shop. Lucky him. They didn't get sent because he was short of one connector. Apparently he was going to email me, but with all the hype and work got the better of him. Never mind. I should have them just after Easter by the looks.

Keep your head up. I refuse to send anything of decent value through Aussie post. Magically lost more gear than I care to talk about with my old race car. eBay was a classic, they say it's sent give some bull crap tracing number from a pre purchased post tag.

Be mindful to ensure the person sending the product has proof and photos of the tracing number on the parcel. Sometimes supplier bullshit to with get more time or other reasons.

I only do Dhl with insurance for proper cost gear or rare.

Keep on them both the supplier and Aus post.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I suspect the supplier is being less than truthful. He originally said that they were missing a joining link, then it arrived but the AGP got in the way. Then I asked what the procedure for sending was and I was assured I'd get an email with the tracking number. When I rang on Tuesday after Easter he told me they were sent the Thursday before and Easter, but no email or tracking number. Then I arrive home and nothing. Ring this morning and he says he will get back to me. Nothing. Ring this arvo and apparently Australia post is the issue.

Then I check the FB page and I'm less than impressed. Melbourne is not that far away.