LJDB

Solid v hyd cams with similar specs

Wagoon the only reason you have not seen big numbers out of a blown engine is not many people have done a good one. mine has made 400hp on pump fuel on 12 pounds on a super basic solid engine. Jeff Ramsey had a bit to do with mine back then and that setup was built to do 500hp, my issue was it was a stock rod engine so we never pushed it past 5800 that engine would have turned to 6800 but a stock rod engine would never put up with that under boost. id already smashed 3 engines NA at those revs it was never going to do it both me and jeff knew that but a forged good rod engine was out of my budget back then 

That blower on my silver XF would have made around 300rwhp it would lay 245 tyres on the ground in top gear and you did not have to rev it past 5000rpm the TQ that thing made was decent and that was a stock engine with a 218 camtech that car would have beaten my ghia easy and in a blaze of tyre smoke as well

i dont think you where a mamber of Xfalcon when i had this car but heres a picture of it
[/url]">http://IMGP2115.jpg%20crop2_zpshwyln2jz.jpg

I did know you built that car Pro but you are the only one I really know of that has done supercharging with any real success. And with your current position being turbo's are simple, cheap and fairly easy (which I agree with) that was the reason behind my statement. Someone like yourself is really going to be one of a very few people that are going to be able to make the supercharger work. Also the obvious cost of a forged bottom end on top of head work and then blower kit, if you were starting from scratch would be $15k all sorted surely. I for one would love to do a blown crossflow but that is going to have to wait until I win lotto or stubble on a bag full of cash.

Thats why I said NA or turbo as both have been done quite a few times and parts are going to be fairly easy to get which means a bit cheaper. The turbo route is always going to make more horsepower in the end, and it really comes down to want you want from the car as to which way you go. A good powerful and reliable turbo setup isn't going to cost substantially more than a good NA build but it can produce substantially more power, albeit in a narrow power band with not very good street driveability. There is always trade off when going this crazy on an engine

Look @ the speakers on the rear deck...FFS Dave. Don't need your head ?   

where there the whole time i owned it and  still there now? even the roady bloke was fine with it

Cos if the car comes suddenly stationary from a decent speed they fly off the deck and fly around the cab and can hit you in the head.  

But any way this guy Jarrod is still sorting this but it makes good power but is on meth and is a skid car.

where did you buy all the pulleys and kit from or did you make them ? i no aussie speed does one,also did this car have p/steer or air ?

Its all been made even the blower snout is the drive system jeff made and mick made the blower manifold these guys know there stuff when it comes to blown and good guys

Auspeed have been making there kit from about the time i started showing my setup on forums. You kind of have to wounder where there idea came from?. as far as i know they have not made a kit yet

The car still had power steer and althow it did not run aircon there is no reason you could not run it

I did know you built that car Pro but you are the only one I really know of that has done supercharging with any real success. And with your current position being turbo's are simple, cheap and fairly easy (which I agree with) that was the reason behind my statement. Someone like yourself is really going to be one of a very few people that are going to be able to make the supercharger work. Also the obvious cost of a forged bottom end on top of head work and then blower kit, if you were starting from scratch would be $15k all sorted surely. I for one would love to do a blown crossflow but that is going to have to wait until I win lotto or stubble on a bag full of cash.

Thats why I said NA or turbo as both have been done quite a few times and parts are going to be fairly easy to get which means a bit cheaper. The turbo route is always going to make more horsepower in the end, and it really comes down to want you want from the car as to which way you go. A good powerful and reliable turbo setup isn't going to cost substantially more than a good NA build but it can produce substantially more power, albeit in a narrow power band with not very good street driveability. There is always trade off when going this crazy on an engine

I think most have or will not do it as you have to make it all. I wanted a roots blown 250 cortina as i had one with a triple webered 250 in it (now under the bench in the shed) When i moved to victoria it stopped the idea for a fair few years as i run off the rails and built other cars that where not on the master plan

Cos if the car comes suddenly stationary from a decent speed they fly off the deck and fly around the cab and can hit you in the head.  

But any way this guy Jarrod is still sorting this but it makes good power but is on meth and is a skid car.

If you can pull/smash them off you can have them i asure you they will never come off not even in a hi speed crash

I seen that one freinded him so i could take a look at it. I read he killed the engine that meet :( i had the blower flexing issue to when i first set mine up thats why my blower snout is not standed and it has a brace as the blower would turn/flex on the manifold

The Aussiespeed blower kits for x flow are not that far off Dave.  They are done for the Holden and Hemi 6 and several have been sold, including one to USA.  the x flow blower manifold is done and the snouts have been sorted with a tensioner.  The adapter plate to mount the m90 blower has been done and is just being re-done to reduce bonnet height.  The carb adapter to M90 throttle elbow is done.

All that really remains is final fit up to ensure alignment and the ability to run all accessories.  Unlike a one off application where you can just manufacture to suit that application this kit is being designed to be used/adapted to fit various applications.  it is the only way to make a commercially viable product. 

Oh and who is getting crossflow kit number 1?  Yep yours truly. 

I know all about making something to suit multiple applications, I spent 2 hours making 1 drawing for my engine mounts and that was only for the engine plate on the passenger side.

If you can pull/smash them off you can have them i asure you they will never come off not even in a hi speed crash

I seen that one freinded him so i could take a look at it. I read he killed the engine that meet :( i had the blower flexing issue to when i first set mine up thats why my blower snout is not standed and it has a brace as the blower would turn/flex on the manifold

LOL no I don't do my installs like that but thanks for the offer.Staging and sound quality and appearance here over big 6x9's. 

Stripped the belt that meet...broke it good the next one. Got all the good stuff in it but no tuning/seat time and on meth makes it hard.

But least he out there doing not talking about like soo many do. Proof's in the video of how he treats it LOL

I have just been looking again on the aussie speed site and there is a 192 c.i, blower shop unit now available ,looks like a 4/71 but would go really nice on an crossy,billet alloy,and they have the snout's to fit.

The issue with being out there doing it is the cost even just racing is a $500 weekend and that not busting anything

What ??? I live 4.5hr's from the track and it costs me about half that.Unless like last time I break it which then cost me $37 to fix :)  

Do your cars run on Nitro and get towed by a transport company bro LOL      

If your doing it for that coin its not sustainable and in the long run will cost much more

I see it like this $150 to fuel a tow car and race car $100 for entry for a weekend meet mates/pitcrew and food $100 and that's no cans :D and about $150 for upkeep of trailer tow car and race car as you have to pour oil in them look after transmissions tyres and there not cheap and all this before you break anything. I also had a very cheap car when I was doing it full on and I never looked after it. if you factored in the cost of stuffing a 8k car towing a 2.5 ton trailer tools and car around you would find it would be even more then that, or having towtoy his engine on its own is worth more then that now, you have to factor it all in

Can't disagree with you enough there Dave. But in my best polite txt possible I will reply as such...

If it will cost me more...??? Well I predict it will cos I'll be doing it for a long time LOL.Rebuilds and new parts for sure,but I expect that and plan for it.Even got a new timing chain set in the shed ready to go infact.But luckily I have a decent paying job that I had to work very hard at and for to get to where I am and If I'm good I get to go play and spend some quality time with mates and my car.Can't put a price on that I think.    

$60 for me to enter Heatcoate...

I take my own food,Garth and Burns and others can vouch for that and It comes in around $20.Plus 6 Jimmy can that come out of a carton from home anyway so @ $70 a box = $17.50.

Fuel for the ute as it runs on 98 for the last 6mths and it has gone 3 meets on the fuel that was already in it.

Tow car fuel costs 2 tanks @ $160-$180. Yes down side of a V8 tow car.  

My Pit crew is me...me and me.If mates come they come to hang out as we don't work on the car just laugh at me fucking with it. So @ worst I pay $277 for a days/weekends racing. 

Up keep is not a factor @ all as 1 I borrow the trailer for free and my tow car gets the same servicing if it's towing anything or not as it's a daily car.Everyone doe's the same.But...yes but I may be buying a trailer so they goe's $197 in rego a year and I will mod it to suit my needs to but you will have to wait for a parts costing list of that but I will do a trailer thread cos watching and listening to how other do it is always a good idea. If we can help or learn anything It has to be good.

As for wrecking my ute or the tow car...not in any way has either deteriorated and they both are been used for there born/purchased purpose which I think is where many miss the ball on car builds.

I may be going racing this weekend if I don't buy "a trailer" and I have spent exactly $37 on both cars and trailer but recessed the number plate on the trailer I borrow for Will where we used his cut off wheels and welder but my helmet.So as thats all it's needed in the last 3 meets thats good going IMO. 

So even if it did cost alot more and If I could still afford it I'd still do it rather build a car and just look at it or do smokies up the street or country road cos I like my licence and I like to challenge my self.Plus hanging with Burns and Garth and Wagga mates @ the track is always fun.I have a fair few Mexican mates and thru this car I have made heaps and heaps of em...even met you thru this car so saying it's cost is prohibitive is questionable only to you it seems.

Hope this clears things up a bit... :)

Cars/Racing is a better addiction than the needle/snorting kind where a lot of fucks spend their money on these days

+1 on the license thing especially in QLD where just a loud exhaust on an older car will get you pulled over in a heartbeat, nothing better than cruising to the track to have some fun then cruise back at 10Km/h under the speed limit :)

A day drag racing dropped $160, once I brought my own trailer and didn't have to hire one. But disappointingly have only been once this year.

$197 for trailer rego shit mine was like $74. Been thinking of building another trailer, for hiring to mates and alike so I won't have to worry about them damaging my good one. But will copy my good one with some mods or beaver tail.