Ivanflo

XYZ. XR-XF Falcon Front Coilovers

Certainly is worth the effort in terms of gains.

Panko you could show him a couple of youtube vids that show how much of a difference it makes. I watched one with the camera stuck to the outside of the car looking at the front tyre as it goes through turns. You can see the positive camber, kind of scary really. Tell him its for both longevity and safety of the car as both are true. Will also help with wear on the tyres too as your not rolling on the outside so much.

You could get the drop done in a day with a bit of help, a weekend would be all you would need though. Its the exact same process as removing the front spring execpt you drilling 2 holes on each side of the car.

so the big question is....

upper balljoint angle for the shelby drop.  who's got a wedge kit?  I made the template (still have it) drilled one side and found that on the bump stop the joint was just starting to bind.

So shelved that for a little bit while i sorted out wedges

but been busy installing an nl cluster instead.

Regarding shelby drop I have been told that the bolt joints bind and I have been told that they are fine. I have seen the ball joint thread on here regarding the new vs original type. Only thing I can say is I will be finding out soon what happens and if it does bind then I will try a fix for it. Only thing no one really mentions when they do have trouble is how low there springs are so thats why I am still going to try it.

been a bit busy but got the holes drilled yesterday for the shelby mod so I have finished with the template.

20151128_174209_zpscp0xpubx.jpg

20151128_174157_zps2wy9iuqm.jpg

So if anyone is interested in using the above template let me know. I haven't refitted the UCA yet as I'm going to replace the UCA bushes while they are out, which requires money I don't got.

Edit: Just noticed that it looks like the bottom small hole on the left looks out of line, it's not it's just the angle of the pic taken. I used digital verniers to check the distances between hole centres before drilling any of them

Im hoping that I dont have to go to the same lengths as Crazy did, but going off everything that I have done in my build it will probably end up in some full custom bullshit. Will have to wait and see

Im hoping that I dont have to go to the same lengths as Crazy did, but going off everything that I have done in my build it will probably end up in some full custom bullshit. Will have to wait and see

Just don't cut the car up lol that's what my shell is for :-)

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Just don't cut the car up lol that's what my shell is for :-)

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I can promise you that I wont be cutting up my car, thats the only reason Im not using the coilover setup for the front that Ando put up. For the amount of bullshit Ive gone through so I dont cut a hole in the bonnet I see that there is always a way not to hack shit up, its just not the easiest way. Far from it

You can just weld some exhaust tubing to the std. waffle plate to locate the spring.  No holes needed.  Come on - you know you want to

Yes I want to, but no I won't

Quote taken from a recent ad for these coilovers...

"Spring rate is progressive and ramps up in stages from 550/700LB at ride height to 900LB under full bump meaning greater levels of control."

"Spring rate is progressive and ramps up in stages from 550/700LB at ride height to 900LB under full bump meaning greater levels of control."

Did you notice that ad was posted yesterday and it stated the coil overs have had a recent design improvement?

I rang and spoke to one of the techs at King springs around a couple of weeks ago . During the conversation the guy mentioned that normal king springs (Low's, SL, SSL etc)  are 510lb but he did not mention if that's for all the different heights or a specific height. So that makes the above setting of the XYZ coilovers interesting, but I would want to know what ride height was required to make them 700lb.

That spring wrap tells me that the springs touch at that point so it's relying on the lower section of the spring to achieve the higher spring rate. The only problem with them taking so long to get to the higher spring rate is you are much closer to the bump stops if not touching them already which makes the higher rating redundant as the car can't pass the bump stop height. If you were game you could remove the bump stops but your shocks might bottom out before the spring firms up enough to stop it laying over. There is also ball joint bind and possibly other things binding when at no bump stop height.

Again not putting shit on these coilovers just pointing out stuff. Still think they are a good option for someone wanting to get the ride height just right or if you need to replace springs, shocks and spring saddles.

Nope. Wonder how recent, I'd be kind of spewing if I missed out.

Contact them and ask?

The way the ad was written made it sound pretty recent. But saying that maybe that's why you had to wait so long for yours, due to the redesign? The new ad states they are in stock ready to ship, so maybe they sold all there old stuff which lead to a period of no stock (your waiting time).