CHESTNUTXE

CROSSFLOW extractors

OK all this info is really good,so it seems to build the worlds most powerfull crossflow,a big turbo efi set up or 4/71 blower drive system,im really only interested in a drag racing engine as this type of motor is not a daily ,what is the most hp anyone has achieved from a wild crossy ? 500-600 hp ?

LOL I hope you have deeeeeeep pockets then.

Oldie but fitting TBH. 200 cube T4 turboed xflow...

1min40sec's is where it's at.

I found that the efi one hit the standard weber carby on a standard manifold, didn't bother to find out what I would have to do to make it fit although it should be to hard to make it fit with you favorite hammer. It's a worthwhile upgrade though as the tin covers can leak a fair bit.

I've fitted an alloy cover on an old xe I had years ago. I just used 2 base gaskets between the carby and standard manifold. It lifted the weber up just high enough to clear the rocker cover.

I spent hours digging in the wrecking yard today and found a heap of goodies to pick up on thursday,3 x efi crossy covers in good nik,1 set xf extractor's,1 x e1 alloy head,1x e2 alloy head,1 x xe ghia bonnet stashed away but needs a bit of work,plus heaps of other stuff like badges ,i was hoping to find some esp stuff but no luck,i see so many ea to au stuff there,but xd to xf has really dried up.

If it is for a drag engine you will need a spacer when you fit roller rockers so instead buy a Aussiespeed unit that fits straight up.

Question on this, if someone was keen on using the factory tin rocker cover for appearance purposes, how much would this need to be spaced up to clear roller rockers? Im guessing this would obviously depend on the cam lift and whether or not the rollers are adjustable? 

Oh ok there you go. If you wanted to sort of avoid any chance of clearancing issues tho, would a 1/4" or 1/2" spacer with a rocker cover gasket on either end be a good place to start or overkill/problematic in the future? 

PS not a problem of mine atm, was just curious now that it has come up

Cheers 

In my experience no matter how gentle you are with the tin covers (genuine factory even - chrome ones are worse) they nearly always leak.  A spacer would more than likely make this work.

The EFI rocker cover with 2 rocker covers gaskets and a few seconds with the die grinder works well and will fit under roller rockers and up to .600 lift (I've never gone past that because I am soft).  This will also fit with two barrel carbs that are spaced as mentioned above.

If you want great looks and a cover that never leaks, clears rockers without issue then the Aussiespeed units are bloody hard to beat in my opinion.

Cheers Ando, you're right mate I've had numerous leaks with the tin one, even now with the rubber gasket. I have redone it with a bit of Polymar as I've heard good things but not going to hold my breath if its a design flaw. I just love the original look thats all. Anyway when it comes time to cross that bridge ill have some info handy. 

Where abouts does the efi cover need to be ground a bit  to fit on the carby set up.or if your using a aftermarket manifold and say a 2 barrel holley maybe this mod isnt needed ?

If you want great looks and a cover that never leaks, clears rockers without issue then the Aussiespeed units are bloody hard to beat in my opinion.

As said before and as above there is none better TBH.