xander57

Extractor bolts

Sorry for the stupid question but is there any difference between standard manifold bolts and extractor bolts i know there supposed to be shorter but anything else?

Guest Free.51

The standard manifold bolts are a bit longer.

On a crossy the standard bolts are longer... I got around it by just using a couple of crush washers to space it out.

Try Ron from Kustom Bitz call him give him your measurement thread size and how many you need and he will post any where and he is cheap and a nice dude and likes fords. I had a set made for my barra engine $69 for Allen key wind in studs intake and exhaust nuts and washers that's freekin cheap

I bought 2 exhaust studs from masters as hendrixhc shows in his pic (it was either $3 or $4 dollars per stud), they are to long for a crossflow when using 3mm thick steel washers (only about 2mm to long but the nut does not touch the manifold let alone secure it). I went to my local bolt store and bought all thread bolts that I cut down to size to make studs which was much cheaper than buying them from masters. I bought 12 bolts and 12 3mm steel washers for under the price of 12 studs from masters which are champion brand studs (I had to buy the studs from masters as the bolt shop gave me 10 not 12, my fault for not checking)

Can see the studs I made in this pic, the studs and washers cost me under $35 and when I cut the bolt head off to make the studs I had enough left over to make new engine mount bolts.

20150922_170752_zpslmnteeqt.jpg