bear351c

XF/ZL EFI 250 questions

1. Has anyone fitted an aftermarket Air Flow Meter, or had one rebuilt.? There was a company called Injectronics doing this sort of stuff, they still around?

2. Fuel pumps are around $200, is there an aftermarket equivalent.? Bosch 044? (Not after a cheap chinese knockoff)

Just an in-tank pump with similar flow rate.

You can use any pump that you can physically fit in the cradle, as many modern pumps of similar flow/pressure are smaller in size. XPTCossy fitted a Walbro to his Supra and was both shorter and smaller in diameter. Hose clamps are your friend.

What exactly is wrong with the current AFM? If the contacts are worn out on the potentiometer, you can bend the little arm to run on a fresh bit of the carbon resistor.

Not too sure. Just having trouble starting the ZL. Cranks over way too many times. Looking for options, is all.

Changed leads, plugs, ign module, cap & rotor. Tried 3 different octanes of fuel. Changed the air filter. Cleaned the throttle body.

yada, yada, yada..........

Always starts, runs well, drives ok, never stalls. Some days it doesn't fire until cranking 8-10 times, other days, it kicks into life on the 2nd crank.

6 cylinders do my head in..... :D

Hmmmm....... good point. It does prime when you turn on the ignition, and I always wait 2 seconds before cranking her over. Is the fuel reg hanging off the rail, somewhere??  Can they be refurbished?? Are they still available from FoMoCo.??

Yeah heard of that, allows MAFless tune but is a bit involved in the wiring department. Eliminates the biggest bottle-neck in the system though. Also lets you do a cold-air into the throttle body instead of the BBQ it gets going over the exhaust.

After I put my surge tank / second external boot mount pump in my 250, it starts after 1 second be it sitting for one day or 1 week. . With the one pump before it would take 2 to 8 seconds cranking depending how long it sat for. Not a cheap option but made a good difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, just found some online. $115.  (Also some Walbro knock-offs for 60 bucks.)  Cant show links anymore, or photobucket, "upgrade to Windows 10" they said, "it'll be fun" they said, I just got Microshafted.   So, I reckon I'll get a Walbro and new fuel Reg. 

Just ordered a Walbro GSS342, and might as well change the EFI regulator while I'm at it. Anyone know what pressure the EFI Xflow runs??

80-100psi.?? Will get an adjustable, just wanted to know what working range is needed.

Does anyone know if the fuel rail is at full pump pressure, and the pressure is regulated back to the tank? Or is it regulated before the rail?

Cheers.

I have the genuine manual if you want me to have a look?

Could ya, Dan?  Got a blue one here.............somewhere.!!   Cant bloody find it.

Should be full pump pressure to the rail, then regulated and dumped back to tank. That's what the reg is supposed to do. Only thing between pump and rail should be a filter.

Thanks Gerg, that's what I thought.  Reminds me, haven't changed the filter.......Bugga.