broken-wheel

XE climate controls

i  haven't read this thread in full, but the recirc flap being broken wont affect where air being blown to the windscreen from memory, it does get wind from outside blown in at 100kmh especially (on the passengers legs.) this is sort of pre heater box air. doesnt affect where it goes with the climate panel levers.

there is a vac lever on the firewall side of the heater box which i have only noted the vac motor(hose fell off in My case) its near where the handbrake lever mounts to the floor. if the hose was off, it always got screen, so that means it might need vac on it to come off the screen. that being the case, maybe one of the switches is not working and always making vac to the screen vent motor. if you have double jointed elbows you might be able to pull the hose off up under the dash to test it?

That and installing a manual pedal shaft without removing the pedal box. Pretty much any under-dash job sucks ass.

i have heard removing the front seat makes it easier to get under the dash.. but that in itself presents it's own problems.

well i decided to rip everything from under the dash and throw it in the bin, i'll get some eBay electric heater fans for the front windscreen demister and call it a day, way too many fucked vacuum lines plus ill probably save about 15kg worth of shit, it will also allow me to fit the battery, fuse box and msd behind the glove box right on the firewall