gerg

The Gerg-O-Chamber

Got the muffler bodies welded up and installed, decided to add some volume to the centre section of each by welding in a strip between the two halves. Made the mistake of using gal steel and first one welded up like shit. Second one I got the shits and just oxy'd it all up, a bit neater this time round. Yes I did try and grind off the zinc first, but it was still crap.I still need to build the rear section so for now I just have them dumping at the diff. It's pretty loud.6efa9a66e01518d74e95efc77f7581c7.jpgGot some BA resonators up front now, hope that will kill some of the boom.166ed5853a9a264f2e56af38bca5f497.jpgGoing to 2-1/4" for the last foot or so to mellow it a bit more.

Just go 2-1/2 I've got 2 meters of it that I'm not going to use.

Bit late I know but if you have argo sheild gas turn it up a touch more and use a push pull push technique to weld it out. The first pass burns the zinc off the pull preps the area the last push welds it out.

Good info for all there. I have noticed that once you burn through the Zinc it's ok. Maybe should have hit it with the oxy once i tacked it all just to burn it off before i mig it.

If you have access to a stick welder you can also use a rod call weldall or known as a maintance rod. These rods also for welding dissimilar metals or unknown metals but will also weld through grease and oil and contaminated steels.

Can't cover them from phone... No apps for that

Stem seals.... I was told that modern fuels ruin them in no time. Might be able to do them in the car but engine out would be easier.

Can't cover them from phone... No apps for that

Stem seals.... I was told that modern fuels ruin them in no time. Might be able to do them in the car but engine out would be easier.

Funny I was only just talking about this to Mossy the other day. Years ago leaded fuels did nothing to ours but made em run good,but were no good for us.Now the modern fuels are better for us but no good for our cars :)

Crossover installed

d034353f7de1fef2ee66eaa0964c1d75.jpg

Made fuck-all difference to the drone 1700-2000 rpm. Surprised really. Very happy with the note though.

Might drop the size down to 2-1/4" for the last foot or so. Also some clearance issues with the leaf springs, especially on the passenger side where the fuel filler and lines get in the way.