Nath

Steering Wheels

Looking into getting an aftermarket steering wheel. I don't mind the original XD one but it's just too big - I'm only 5"8, but find it slightly hard to have my feet close enough to the pedals while also having room for my legs under the wheel.

I already have to lean forward to comfortably reach the shifter when it's in park because I'm sitting so far back, which Is not a big drama now but once I do a t5 conversion it could get pretty annoying.

Has anyone used smaller aftermarket wheels with manual steering? Want to know if it would be the go or would make it too much of a prick to drive slowly. It's not that bad as is, just wondering how much difference it'd make.

Yes I know the feeling, the manual shifter is miles away, and to get close to the pedals the steering is close.

I'm 5'8" aswell and went with a smallish 330mm -350mm or similar, I have the windsor over the front, manual steer and 205s on the front, steering is great even moving it around the tight drive way.

Ahk sweet, cheers guys.

Might go with one of the Saas Retro style ones in black or something. Just wanted to be sure it wouldn't make it a punish to drive in carparks (already a pain but liveable).

Ha, thanks mate but I doubt I ever will, I get too attached. Really entertaining the idea of find a coupe project, would be a long term one of course, at the moment, and I half sold the idea to the mrs by saying I could maybe sell the xf for half decent coin to help fund the coupe. But really I know I'd just keep both and struggle.

My saas woodgrain wheel on my xf is awesome but when I had the needle speedo, the wheel blocked the view because the wheel diameter was smaller than stock. I fixed that by going to digital dash

Oh I won't pay big $$$ for it I just want it LOL. It is a really nice car TBH and how do you really put a price on something thats worth nothing to most but personally the world to you ? You don't you just keep em. Just wish I did the same thing but I know they loved the car too so it wasn't as bad selling it,still sucks though :(  

Cmon I thought you where about to offer me 15k for it.

Yeah I spose if it's going to someone you know is gonna give it the same love you do then it makes it a bit easier if the time comes.

I can't stand those fake wood grain ones unless the rest of the interior is the same colour... People just slap them in grey/black interiors and it just looks horrible.

Gonna pick up a wheel today.

Anyone know what Boss kit I need to mount it?

Edit: Nevermind, found a part no.

Ive seen it in black/grey monaro interior and it looked shit hot. Hopefully it looks good in mine too.

Should be able to push my seat forward and not feel like I'm driving a bus now.

Already ordered and chucked a deposit on this one.

KGrHqIOKioE6bmqYMWBOJevECZ60_35_zpsjx9xw

Was either this or the 380mm classic one but that looks more 60s style, and is bigger so won't solve my space issues.