Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Pllu

EGR Spacer

Hey guys

Have a 351 Clevo. Carter ThermoQuad carbie and has a EGR plate between the Manifold and the Carbie. 

Just asking can i remove the egr spacer. i dont want to run egr so how much do i have to take off to delete it.

Do i have to change the manifold, heads etc etc

Any help thanks

just remove the egr valve at the back of the adaptor plate and make up a blank plate to cover it, u need the adaptor to mount the carb to the manifold. pretty simple really.

cause they operate on vacuum and as such dont cost you anything power wise under throttle (low vacuum) and at cold temperatures the incoming warm air (which cant be burnt again) aids in a cold starts, you also get increased engine efficiency with the higher intake temperatures at cruise type throttles (high vacuum) but remembering it doesnt factor in as much at higher throttles you get the best of both worlds, efficieny down low without reducing performance.

Mine has ball bearings in all the lines.......... :blink:

Have heard that if your car was fitted with emission control stuff, it has to have it, or Defect Centre.

SA  -  The Granny State.

the car was not fitted with a v8 to start with. i just hate extra shit that i dont need. 

iv just always thought colder air = better density = better combustion so never seen the point ramming hot air down the guts of your engine, weather cruising or thrashing it.

Crossflows have EGR pipes too, be them EFI or carb.

If you don't want it working then the best thing to do would be as suggested, make a thin plate to bolt between the EGR pipe and the intake manifold. That way it looks legal but won't work.

Or get a set of headers, they normally have the attachment for EGR pipes but have them filled in.

V8s do the egr internally through the center of the heads to the intake manifold, so no need fg or modified headers like a xflow, easiest way to block it is use a egr gasket as a template on a thin sheet of steel or aluminum cut out to match gasket, insert between egr and intake = job done an still looks legit