Sign in to follow this  
Ando81

Xf sedan tailshaft to ute.

Hey gang, can anyone tell me if there is any difference in length of tail shafts from utes to sedans. I've got a tail shaft out of my xf ute that I want to put into an e series diff in my sedan. Cheers for any help!

Yeah, about that. 150mm (6 inches). Anyone who manufactures tailshafts, should be able to cut and shut the tailshaft, and rebalance it.

Try Hardy Spicer or similar. I got one made for my XB ute, thicker walled tubing and beefier uni-joints, 'cos I have a heavy right boot.... :ph34r:

NEVER chuck em out.

Chuck them IN a camp fire.

Big baddaboom

there gets to a point where you have 20 cars laying around and you think, maybe i SHOULD chuck something out hahah

will cost way more to cut and shut a tailshaft than to just pull one out of a wreck

Yeah, was wondering that. A mate has helped me out. He is giving me an ef sedan one to use in my xf sedan, reckons it will be the same length, fingers crossed.

if your using the ef diff youl need to mod the front lower control arm bush to fit the xf body

Thanks rev, I got hold of some xf bushes to put into the ef arms to suit. Might be a good Christmas holidays project I think, then get it all sorted before I get back to work in the new year.