Damo96

Darkest Legal Tint VIC

Just wondering, what's the darkest legal tint in Victoria? 
I've heard 35%, is this correct? 
Where can I buy the tint, supershit, autobarn etc? How much?
Sorry for all the questions :P 

- Damo

Yeah, I tried.
Oh lord how I tried.
The rear window is the biggest cuntox.
The little ones in the rear doors I could do. Even the actual window in the rear door the goes up and down is cunty.
They have two curves in them, and I found the tint doesnt wanna play for me.

I was using thick tint though. It was green mirror, so it might be thicker than normal tint, but it was nowhere near doable for me. Even after I left it sit over the glass in the sun beforehand to try and assist.

Not saying you cant do it. I just dont advise it.
My new car was on like $400 to tint the side and rear windows in 20%. Might be worth paying for

Oh, yeah I can see your point. Only reason I was going to try is because I have all the glass out of the cars and a million pieces, so thought it'd be worth a shot. Saves money. Not sure now though 

Should be able to buy the tint from most car places... Get some and try the quarter windows, if you go alright with them try a side window, if that's okay you should be able to do them all.

Ute rear window is easier than a sedan as its flat.

My manager at work has a ute - Nissan I think - he tinted the windows himself years ago, and they still look good.

A ute should be easier tho isn't the rear window on a ute nearly flat

The only window's that are slanted is the door ones I believe 

Should be able to buy the tint from most car places... Get some and try the quarter windows, if you go alright with them try a side window, if that's okay you should be able to do them all.

Ute rear window is easier than a sedan as its flat.

My manager at work has a ute - Nissan I think - he tinted the windows himself years ago, and they still look good.

That's what I was thinking! Got some tinted ones, but want darker, and I want the rest to match. And I figure while all the windows are out it'll be easier

Use a heat gun to shape it to the rear window ( sedan ) , just lay it on the out side with the tint film on the glass side, then heat until it shapes to the compound curve of the window.

A mate of mine is a tinter, and watched him do mine, works a treat.

Oh, I've got 5% on mine and haven't been done yet. :)

Ooooh interesting. Sounds like a good idea! I'm thinking maybe MAX 30%, and the little 1/4 windows at about 15%..not sure yet :)

Keep them all the same except the rear screen if you want, or they stand out like dogs balls.

Definitely!! I've seen a ute getting around that has the quarter windows darker than the rest, it looks shit!

Yeah go all the same on side but better if you go a bit lighter on the rear screen or at night all you will be seeing is black in the rear view mirror. I'm going to go dark on front and rear doors on my XC and a lighter tint on the rear screen.

The rear screen doesn't bother me at all. I don't really look inthat mirror anyway. I use side windows haha

Dark tint on the back of my wagon is Shit at night time you can't see anything and a day time you still can't see anything