Server maintenance Read more... ×
Grabber

XD Toploader

I’m looking at a 1 of 1 police order and it has 351 toploader. I thought dees only had singles. I know ESP5.8’s had single. Second dee I’ve come across that may have factory toploader. 

the ford letter makes no reference...

Dee needs full resto. Whaddaya reckon it’s worth...

Problem with Fords is that there is no distinction between top loader or single rail on the build plate. It just tells you 4 speed floor shift.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Yeah gregs right the build plates only say 4 speed floor shift, so to do the letters you get from ford(not that their known for their accuracy). One of mine a factory 351 manual has a toploader and from the inside it all looks factory but I highly doubt it

Manual XB gt’s had 4V engines and toploaders to 12/73.

from 1/74 changed to 2V and Singlerail. 

I am told that they were doing toploader special orders only after that, and ran out of toploaders in the XC’s.  This means no toploaders in XD’s.

Perhaps a factory person can confirm. 

23413CEA-8C28-45DF-8774-22E677A13D18.jpeg

I bought a ex cop xd 20+ years ago from a car yard, I was 17 at the time. It had a top loader and 9" wouldn't have a clue if it was factory. Really should of kept that one. I know the guy who owns it now but haven't seen him in years.

I’m looking at a 1 of 1 police order and it has 351 toploader. I thought dees only had singles. I know ESP5.8’s had single. Second dee I’ve come across that may have factory toploader. 

the ford letter makes no reference...

Dee needs full resto. Whaddaya reckon it’s worth...

Any updates did you buy it