Hey guys

Bought a set of slotted and dimpled RDA rotors (since they've dropped their slotted only range) to suit an ED diff, and the countersunk hole for the locating screw is drilled too deep. I run out of thread before the rotor is properly secured onto the axle flange. Done all the way up, the rotor will still wobble so its clearly an issue. Part number RDA111B. Anyone else have this issue? just a bad batch?

RDA rotors don't have a very good reputation for quality. I'd take them back and try to get another brand.

Dont say that i got for of them on my XE i havent used yet!

Won't matter that the screw isn't 100% tight, as when you put the wheel on and do that up tight it will hold the rotor in place.

^ + 1 for that comment. AU-onwards on the front use just the wheel studs to locate the disc, no screw.

That said, RDAs are pretty rubbish. I put a set on my EF and they warped very quickly. Cast in China so not surprised.

Get a shorter screw?, if the disc is moving enough to shear studs, should be checking wheel nuts cause the wheel is loose. Any disc I've seen was a firm fit over the axle hub and can't move once wheel is bolted down.

Judging from the experience this guy had, http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php?/topic/696-rear-discs/

Im betting that screw is important. I'll talk to RDA on monday

If the wheel isn't done tight enough they will move, but done up tight there will be no problem whatsoever.

I've got a EF speedway car and i never bother putting the screw in the rotors, haven't snapped a wheel stud ever *touch wood*

Judging from the experience this guy had, http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php?/topic/696-rear-discs/

Im betting that screw is important. I'll talk to RDA on monday

If the wheel isn't done tight enough they will move, but done up tight there will be no problem whatsoever.

I've got a EF speedway car and i never bother putting the screw in the rotors, haven't snapped a wheel stud ever *touch wood*

Same cept in xf and 2" alloy spacer.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

iv had problems with rda front rotors, dont ask me why but i lost 5mm of offset when i changed to rda slotted's, wheels cleared the ball joint before the change but not after.

you could put a little bit down to bearings but not 5mm

but in saying that i cant confirm that the problem was rda's or that the unkown brand of rotors before hand wernt 5mm oversize etc

iv had problems with rda front rotors, dont ask me why but i lost 5mm of offset when i changed to rda slotted's, wheels cleared the ball joint before the change but not after.

you could put a little bit down to bearings but not 5mm

but in saying that i cant confirm that the problem was rda's or that the unkown brand of rotors before hand wernt 5mm oversize etc

I'd say the difference was in the hub face thickness, not bearing placement, otherwise your caliper bracket would be rubbing on the inside of the disc. Sounds pretty shoddy in any case.

I've fitted plenty of RDA rotors and have never had any issues I even have them on my BA with pbr brake updrade and brakes are as good as it was with DBA 4000 series but without the price tag.

Mate got drilled and slotted RDA's in his C*mm*d*r* and they cracked around the drilled holes within a month. Replacements he got seemed fine though.