Tyler06

Want a guide to V8ing a TE corty

Windsor or Clevo. Dont have to be special as its purely for the new burnout rig. Mainly how you have done it and the stuff to look out for ;-)<br />Cheers all :-)

Ive built a lot of v8 cortys in the last 6 years ive just finnished one in the last few months as well

The only thing i alway say is get the engine as far back as you can cooling thies things can be a real pain if you dont get that bit right

I can do full kits and most go fast stuff for cortys as well as spares i have tons of the things. i also do brakes kits and diffs to order as chris knows

If its a TE go a windsor as it fits better cause the engine bay is not as open as a TC TD but clevo in a TC TD but all mine are clevo so maybe im not the one to ask LOL

People say that clevo dont fit as good i think they belong there fill the bay nice and you can still do everything to they with the engine in the bay most of mine you can pull the pipes out with the engine still on the mounts

Some great info here ;-) and sick pictures. I was just gonna ring dave to ask which V8 was easier for the TE but once id found the car and got home it was a bit late haha. <br />Still open for more info though cause i will be fitting the first V8 i find wether its a clevo or windsor

If you want a cheap Windsor just but a NC/nl fairlaine usually you can get a runner for around 1k rip the 5.0 out and have a nice little factory roller cam engine as a base

Bump i have my new corty now that has to rip a better skid then the last time it did. Credit to brad because my son is now 7 and when he saw it coming off the trailer he screamed that he saw it do a burnout and it was brads!!! Good things to come for her but i need more info, im going windsor and its just gonna be a 2 seater burnout TE.

cast head crossy for skids they seem to last a few seconds longer

theres a guy in my freinds list in stalk book chris naughts ask him he has a 10second TE cortina or maybe just ask me i build mine LOL but its a windsor and its running althow just a drag car a seat and a steering wheel

weezzzzsors :( clevos for the win :) 

ive just fitted a windsor into my td corty dont use rod shop kit the engine sits to far forward & dont have radiator clearance ive mounted mine like Dave said now its better just engine plate it as gonna only be a skid car if u go late model engine like i have there 50 oz inbalance & u have 2 use a clevo box as u have 2 use the late model flexplate but the convertor lines up with the 4 speed holes