CHESTNUTXE

CLEVELAND ENGINE TALK

Got the other head painted9f563499cb6f9343211a37355514562f.jpgfaf3373dafbd0f6516f1c76c195e638f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Pulled out 10 headbolts to clean up and give some dark blue cause they stick out on the head and after fittnent just touch up with a tiny brusha326c80b831e5cb7aedfb1269bf0ade6.jpg

i scored a rare single plane manifold by edelbrock for the 400 very hard to find even in usa,called a streetmaster made in the early 80s ,this is one of those holy grail parts that you cannot find in australia,bought it off usa e bay never used edelbrock streetmaster single plane intake manifold,paid a fair bit for it but fk it ,should get deliverd in about a month.400 Intake shoot out - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

here is a good cleveland myth ,the 4 bolt pillowblocks sent to america for nascar in the 80s we all know the story BUT ,would they have been machined for the xd xe dizzy shaft or the older size which is what the yanks would have been used to yeah ? maybe someone might know .

here is a good cleveland myth ,the 4 bolt pillowblocks sent to america for nascar in the 80s we all know the story BUT ,would they have been machined for the xd xe dizzy shaft or the older size which is what the yanks would have been used to yeah ? maybe someone might know .
I'd take a punt and say that they went with the later size hole drilled, as some ended up coming back and getting shoved into ambulances, etc.

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

could be another reason why they sent them back ,with sponsord products like msd not making a dizzy to fit,but some cars over there were using our blocks just not all of them,i have seen a picture from tim meyers workshop where the juicy aussie 4 bolt pillowblock has no pillows ? still retains all the beefy casting but no pillows ? very weird,it also could have been from the first casting during the late 70s of the beefy blocks which DJ was using during the xc era.

could be another reason why they sent them back ,with sponsord products like msd not making a dizzy to fit,but some cars over there were using our blocks just not all of them,i have seen a picture from tim meyers workshop where the juicy aussie 4 bolt pillowblock has no pillows ? still retains all the beefy casting but no pillows ? very weird,it also could have been from the first casting during the late 70s of the beefy blocks which DJ was using during the xc era.
I thought Pillow blocks were only in the very last run of castings, with which Ford ran them out on De Tomaso stock and they were still installing them up until 1988.

I bought a new sump for the Nugget build, and had trouble with one bolt, think it was this one.... Think i had to pull the washer off, as it was too close to the sump pan. 

51200358710_cd02cfd727.jpg  
I reckon i have bought 10 new clevo sumps most have been just plain std steel type like this one for $100 by aeroflow .

14 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

I have seen a picture from tim meyers workshop where the juicy aussie 4 bolt pillowblock has no pillows ? 

So, an XE93532 with wide pan rails, but no pillows..?  

So, an XE93532 with wide pan rails, but no pillows..?  
Hey gerg i found another 400 block its the Michigan casting centre one but can you work out the cast date 8k6 ? If its 1978 its ok the revised block 434a1d5d47346979bb465fe67d789807.jpg

i havent bought it yet but if its t8ae its the later updated block
Slow progress at the machine shop while block has caught sutface rust olm8 measures the top of bores he says its already been ridge cut once and the overbore size will be 040 pistons and 20/20 on the crankab752a534c45def03f0fbc585cc8baee.jpga2baf6e306b91da6328a12f3f71d260a.jpg

Slow progress at the machine shop while block has caught sutface rust olm8 measures the top of bores he says its already been ridge cut once and the overbore size will be 040 pistons and 20/20 on the crankab752a534c45def03f0fbc585cc8baee.jpga2baf6e306b91da6328a12f3f71d260a.jpg

Are 400s ok to go out to 40? because they often say Clevos can only go 30 unless you get it sonic checked and have a nice straight water jacket (no core shift)

she'l be right mate 
Um err well there is good news and bad news the crank is back and its a glamor 20/20 and $350 the block is back and its fkn cracked on both sides of core plug area but olm8 reckons he can a plug it or something like some stitch work ? I think i should use this block as a coffee table and buy another 400 block if i can find one ? Ahhhhh4a10ba9dc004c04d069d9798bfe9f7bc.jpg5da50166e69e67adecf55bb00c8d8416.jpg66ed43f2f89537ee409d23057044dcf7.jpg20f85926e3ddf525b8c79dd3b3a56dbb.jpg

2 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

cracked on both sides of core plug area but olm8 reckons he can a plug it or something like some stitch work

@Thom had some of that stitch repair on one of his old engines. 

i'd have thought on a water jacket area that could be welded/braised?