galapogos01

Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip

Hey jason just bought an nc 5.0 , havnt got it on the road yet . just wondering if those ecus have the provisions for themo fans? do i need to j3 it to get it to work?

wanting to order a j3 tune (already have the chip) with the following mods

lpg tune, suit standard motor

themo fan provision

smart lock delete

just using standard au thermos 

thx

EDIT:

email is tomas.tucker@gmail.com

Hey mate,

A stage 2 retune will be able to sort those items out for you.  Just mention your post in your order notes when you place your order.

Cheers,

Jason

Hi Jason, just wanted to thank you for helping me out with my J3 chip and your excellent customer service, the chip arrived today and looks to be of fantastic quality.

Also cheers for the TI performance sticker.

I'll proudly display it on my ute!

I'll have some pics or video of the old girl when she's up and running.

I will definantly use your company again in the future.

Cheers mate.

Jay.

On Friday night, Melbourne Old School Cruisers held an ANZAC day meet and cruise at Chadstone shopping center.  We went down and took a few pics - some mint cars and bikes about, and a huge turnout!

Full album at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152073305621631.1073741834.274659061630&type=1

A few samples:

10250230_10152073305761631_7180598752187
10247266_10152073310031631_3804348648053
1959474_10152073309621631_17468956190009
1912235_10152073309266631_38233587442038

Cheers,
Jason

YJXuBb2.png

We've just updated all EF Falcon definitions on our website and added more parameters, including transmission control for N4AG9 (Tickford), and various other changes to the V8 defs!  Big thanks go to Roger Klaver & Kendall Baker for their help with N4AG9.

Check them out at http://www.tiperformance.com.au/library/tuning-files/ and make sure you're on TunerPro v5 before trying them!

Cheers,
Jason

Here's something a bit different for you.  Nigel's E36 BMW V8!  He's running an AU Windsor & ECU with one of our J3 Chips to disable Smartshield and custom tune the engine.  Nigel has done a great job integrating the AU ECU into the BMW systems, including electrical, climate, and interior.

3DNkhSv.jpg
HcdI1O7.jpg
d6z1gQU.jpg

He's got more pics of the build online at http://s482.photobucket.com/user/av48bb/library/E36V8?sort=3&page=1

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Mate,

just getting into doing some tuning for my injected 5.0l in my xf. I was looking at the spark base table and was wondering why the table only goes to 4000RPM?

Also to turn the smart lock off. Do you tick the enable box or leave it un ticked.

The Bin I have at the moment is just the EL manual bin of you web site.  

Cheers Matt.

Hi mate,

The spark base goes to 4000rpm because there is a separate table for WOT.  This is explained in the tuning guide.

The smartlock flag is called "Smartlock enabled" and is ticked by default.  You would then untick it to disable.

Cheers,

Jason

Merry Christmas from us at T.I. Performance!  As our Christmas gift to you, we have 10% off everything on our site for today and tomorrow only with the code XMAS14!  Be quick!

Fk764t5.png

Thank you all for your support through 2014 and here's to a great 2015!

Cheers,
Jason

Thanks Mate, this is what I thought but wanted to check as im having dramas at about that RPM.

I've put a 5.0l in my XF and used a NF fairlane as a donor car. I've got one of your chips to disable smart lock and to change the ECU bin to a manual. The engine is in and running but it has a issue around 3500 to 4000 rpm where it sounds like there is a rev limit of some sort. Even is you hole it flat in neutral it wont rev past this point.

I've tried every v8 manual bin on your site and it's the same with all of them. I've tried different ECU's and still the same.

I've tried 5 different MAF sensors and some make it idle much better and the throttle response heaps better and worse but the rev limit issue is still there.

The engine is mostly stock and It was running in another car perfect with a carb on it. It's GT40 heads and very small cam with a edlebrock manifold. Stock injectors and stock everything else. And the engine was running perfect when it was efi in the fairlane.

Any ideas im kind of stuck and nearly ready to just go Haltech.  

The fact that everything you tried with the chip gives the same problem tends to indicate the problem is not with the chip!  I assume you've checked the basics, ie. is the timing advancing correctly or locked, fuel pressure and AFRs in check, neutral switch wired correctly etc.

Send me an email with some details about what was done to the loom and what else was changed from when the engine was running in the NF and we'll go from there. 

Cheers,

Jason

For those that missed our Facebook page - we're having a Queens Birthday Weekend Sale!

YtAMJQdl.jpg

10% off store wide with the checkout code QUEEN15. Share a picture of your car with us on Facebook or Instagram for a FREE cap with all orders, or a FREE bag for orders over $300.

Not long until the sale is over so act quick!

Cheers,

Jason

Hi mate I am just reading yor post, I am not sure how this chip thing works but this is what I have done ..... I have put a au series 2 high end ghia dash into into my au series 1 cab chassis I bought the full donor car so all the electronics within the cabin are from the donor car  and all match and work as I drove the car before buying it apparantly I should have changed the engine wiring looms but as all the plugs worked I didnt think it was an issue alsoi  the car it all came from wasa petrol whereas my ute is dedicated gas.I am a builder and am fine with all the mechanical etc but these electronics are vey hard to get your head around.... my question is are you able to sort out this problem so I dont have to pull it all apart again ...... Thanks mate regards steve

We don't really do general diagnostics on electrical problems like this.

You don't actually say what the problem is, but if the car is not cranking due to Smartshield, we will be able to help if you send us an email with a bit more detail about what the actual problem is.

Cheers,

Jason

XFaXVLZ.jpg
Our new range of genuine Bosch, Walbro, BMC and Turbosmart Performance products is online! Check them out today and grab yourself a great deal on a fuel pump, set of injectors, ignition coil, MAF, MAP or O2 sensor or even a new air filter!

Tell us what you think of the new range below!

Cheers,
Jason

Hey mate i have heard that AU injectors in an E series (my car is an ED) . produces better fuel econ and power? because of the better spray pattern?

Is this true ? would Ba-fg ones be even better again?

In the next week or two (car is getting a rwc monday) Im going to order a Chip for my ED . with an EL ecu conversion / bbm / thermo fans .. Can you do a premade tune for an aftermarket camshaft? 

my email is tomas.tucker@gmail.com

Hey mate,

The pencil type AU injectors do atomise better but I would only change them if your current ones are damaged/clogged.  The difference is negligible and the tune will make a bigger difference to economy.  BA injectors are too large and FG injectors won't fit.

Our Stage 2 chips allow time to tune for aftermarket cams, I'll need the cam details when you order.

Cheers,

Jason

Ba injectors too large?? For the rail maybe but they fit in the manifold if you change the rail.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk