CHESTNUTXE

Fuel thread tape

I have a leak at the flange fitting at the front of the 750 vac,rear is ok,i have tried normal thread tape,and also a white paste sealer,nope that didnt work,is there a correct tape used for gasoline as i am finding the white tape getting eaten by the fuel.

i checked the front bowl thread it looks ok,so i suppose its the rail,i actualy cut a d/p rail and re-joined it but thats not the problem,the join is fine,but i have orderd the correct one for a 750 vac and it should get deliverd next week,i reckon its the thread on the old rail.

I have a leak at the flange fitting at the front of the 750 vac,rear is ok,i have tried normal thread tape,and also a white paste sealer,nope that didnt work,is there a correct tape used for gasoline as i am finding the white tape getting eaten by the fuel.

Any of these should do it but yellow one has chlorine resistance too.

3b620656-0f29-451f-b65a-17a5c359890c_zps1741e00a-92a2-4172-9932-06ef75ece453_zps

yeah its an old one i had from my last 750 d-p,i orderd a new one to suit the vac,i just want to be shore when i install it,its funny the first time i installed it with the tape it didnt leak ?,but now i no what type to get cheers guys.

FYI, plumbers tape should be made of PTFE. Well, pretty sure ALL the standard plumbers tape are PTFE, the only difference between the white and yellow is the thickness.

PTFE does not react with mogas, or alcohol, so it's all fuel safe.

The reason tehy list different thickness for different jobs is simply so you don't have to wrap so many turns when applying the tape.