CHESTNUTXE

CROSSFLOW HARMONIC BALANCERS

4 bolt balancers, take the extra pulley for power steering, from memory.

The 3 bolt are the earlier ones.

Look at NULINE powerbond ones to start.

They have a couple of different grades available.

This ^^^...as for a good balancer. Yes the Powerbond units are good in SFI spec for performance use however if going to extremes Ross,Atomic or ATI are the only 1's to use and you pay accordingly. 

Well back in the day the later 4 bolts were a twin with a the holes for the steel pully to run AC. But as for now I don't know. Havn't worked there in over 10 years and things change.So doe's my memory LOL    

On a worked crossy would a 3 bolt powerbond be ok on my engine,or should i step up to a 4 bolt ,but will i have to change crank ? or is there an adapter to fit my xe crank.

Late XE was the first 4 bolt. Same change date as going to saginaw from CII. 

Step up to the 4 bolt balancer, they go straight on and the p/s pulley is less of an ass-fuck than the 3 bolt cast version.

ok so it turns the pump slower at a higher RPM,my set up on the crossy is a double belt on the air con water pump and crank ,is it ok just to run 1 belt or better to find the matching 1 belt alternator pulley and crank pulley,as this motor wont have the a/c connected back up as i plan to only run the track.

Yeah I'd look for a bigger alternator pulley as well. Slow everything down if u are going to rev it. On the burnout car I had a dual pulley balancer. I ran a single belt to the water pump and then I made a low mount alternator bracket. That gave it plenty of belt rap and stopped it from coming off.

There is a couple different water pump pulley bolt hole patterns too. i think it depends if its got a clutch fan of not, maybe early and late types.IMG_19181_zpswlfqnas9.jpg

the one on the right is a twin pulley non clutch fan type.

I just fitted and even larger single v pulley to my car as it was getting alittle hot on the freeway. Not sure what its off but it looks like a factory unit. i also fitted a idler pulley between the crank and alternator pulleys to stop the belt flex because it kept throwing belt. Havent lost one since. You can kind of see it in the picIMG_1927_zps7odq6pxi.jpg

ok good info i can get my hands on a number of pulleys tomorrow i will have a look to see what suits ,so it looks like i need a xc waterpump ,a clevo or sometype of larger pulley,and a larger alternator pulley,and a 4 bolt powerbond balancer,so this 4 bolt balancer will bolt on to my early xe motor ? pretty sure its a 3 bolt ATM ?