CHESTNUTXE

PILLOW BLOCK 357 C.I. CLEVELAND

yep i cant work it out,im taking it to eddy the expert tomorrow morn ,what ever it is it wont budge,but its soft ????? a bloke not far from here worked on the engine assembly line in the xd era ,i will ask him,i also did a fare bit more today in the engine bay assembling the alt and p/s gear,carby and fuel lines and heater hoses,will continue on tomorrow.

ha ha  yes it turns out my mate who helps me put the motor in broke the vaccum tree and instead of telling me he shoved it in the end of the dizzy with the rubber block off ,it was wedged in so hard,the bloke at the machine shop was laughing his ass off,it goes in fine now,and timing is set at 10 deg ,first start coming soon.

Guys help i tried to start it but its backfiring thru the carb ,do you think ive got it on the wrong stroke ? or how much timing should be at the balancer on number 1 when the motor is not running,any other theries please.

Check your firing order? 13726548 (I think)  anti clockwise.

dizzy out 180*,?

igniton leads on wrong plug?

Balancer should be at approx 10 degrees, No.1 TDC, compression stroke.

ok firing order is correct,10 deg is what i have,with the compression and exhaust stroke is it all in 360 deg or 1 turn of the balancer or is it 2 turns ? i obviously have got it out of sync with the correct stroke,so please correct me if wrong do i pull the dizzy and rotate the engine another full turn or only 180 deg ?

ok thanks i will swap it all around in the morning,this afo when i cranked it with out the plugs in it i was so excited it all worked ,i bought a small bottle of comp cams run in additive .

ITS ALIVE ITS ALIVE AND IT CRACKS OFF THE THROTTLE ,RUNNING THE CAM IN NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Thanks THOM.

Upload it to youtube then post the URL directly onto here. Fuck photobucket for vids. Single 3" with hooker will sound tough, driving it to the exhaust joint straight out the extractors nice and early in the morning is one of the best drives you'll ever have too!! lol.