Sno

Louvres and venetians

I currently have an aunger rear louvre on my D. While it looks good its a pain to remove when I clean the car (I live in coal mine country so thats a lot). Ive been thinking about getting an aftermarket venetian (some ebay mob called getashade in SA). Just curious about opinions for and against going with a venetian, are they harder to see through (I have ducks disease) do they cut less heat out of the car etc etc

Cheers

Reckon the Aunger would stop more heat getting in the car. Venetians are really there to protect the passengers from sunburn.

Unforunately, the heat is already through the glass at that stage.

I'd tint the window to stop the heat, and go with the venetian, 'cos they look retro cool.  B)

I'm with Bear sunshine will heat the glass so to keep the car the most cool you need to stop it getting to the glass. You could try the reflective covers that go on the outside then you can have the venetians inside, would keep the car cool and look cool. If you went tint with venetians depending on how dark the tint is you wont really see the venetians. In order of what would keep the most heat out I would put it in this order: louvres- external reflective screen - tint - venetians - nothing

LOL Thanks guys. I did realise the aunger would stop the sun getting to the glass was just curious if the venetian did anything much at all...kinda like the silver glorified bubble wrap sunshade you put across the inside of the windscreen does stop some of the heat just not as much as it would if you put it on the outside.

Still cant decide which look i prefer tho :D

I've always been a louvre fan: adds a touch of retro class to a vehicle and is far better cooling it down. Only problem is it acts as a leaf-catcher: you have to take it off from time to time to clean the bastard out.

I reckon looouvres suck.

They are ok if your older than 100 and yours fell off your car while you were at WW1.

The new range of alloy venation's are excellent, cheap and in all my cars.

I think they were 200 for utes and 250 for sedans...e  x  c  e  l  l  e  n  t...

yeah I guess so.  I had a 69 Mach 1 Mustang and it had and external alloy louvre. It was a quality item and way ahead of its time.  It still looked and fitted like brand new.

I have bad memories of fibreglass louvers after people tried nicking them and or flying off while your driving along.

When I was a kid I hated venation's but now I think the black ones are cool....

You'll probably be ok if you keep it under 100mph lol...

Had a Louvre on my TD Corty in the day and that sucker was tested several times and never came off

back when you could do over 100mph and didnt kill everyone in a 10 mile radius...

now 5kmh over does the same thing these days

So true bro...

My first car cost 150 and it was registered.  HK GTS Monaro with side pipes was $1550.

You don't get much for 100 bucks these days...

But having said all that I have the cars I have have wanted since I was 15 (53), and that make ]s me pretty happy.

I had a look at your ZL and it looks nice.  I had a ZK and it was a really good car until it was stolen from th hospital where my wifr worked...grrrrrr....  Took me ages to find it and it was gone in a flash...

its come a long way in the last 8 months I have owned it, but still have a long way to go.....

I was offered a very good price for it the other day when I was thinking of swapping it for a XC but it needed way too much work (pics were better than real life)and declined... Thats when he offered me cash for my car, Part of me said take the money and run but another part of me said no way!!! 

I still have the ZL..... Guess you know which way won.....

I bought a NOS Aunger louver from Bursons in 2007, before they went obsolete.

I bought it to fit to an XF Fairmont sedan which my Grandpa used to own.

He bought it in 86, sold it in 96, and I found it and bought it back, 11yrs later.

During that time, the guy who owned it for 11yrs (my Grandpa's mechanic) had removed the original Aunger louver,

so I bought another one to recreate the dream, of the car how I remember it as a young tacker.