ando76

My Clevo build - Thoughts

Ah yes but put a VTEC in a mini and then its a whole new world of fun.  we have the B18C7 and its a torque monster compared to its little brother the B16.  Both love to rev but.  Factory limit on the B18C7 is 8600 with peak HP made at 8200.

IMG_1928.jpg

Now this should be fun. We were aiming for Leyburn this year but I think it will be more like 2016 the way I'm going..

Mwahahahaha, that will be a weapon. Light as all hell and way more poke than a mini cooper, should be fun.

I messed around with a few rotarys, yeah they need revs to make power, change gears around 6-7K, most I drove were bridge ported or peripheral ported 13B's. Know it's on song at 13-14K, sound like a Banshee. lol

They were always better in light cars as the motors didn't have enough torque for heavier bodies without working their ring out.

1.3L that uses as much fuel as a V8.

Jack.

I know I'm adding to the going off topic here, but having previously owned a few rotas in my time, when boost is applied they come on song really well in the lower rev range compared to a NA version.

I like revs though, hence my 7k 302w I built.

Hey Tony, sent those heads away yet? everyone must be looking forward to see the results heads look really good btw, will be keen to see how they perform, would like to do a similar thing to my 2vs, probably have already said it but did you put in 4v exh valves or the stockos With a good cut?.

The heads are still in Brissy but I did send the coffin off yesterday.  I wanted to wait till the freight returned to normal after the delays and build up called by the cyclone.  The thought of the coffin sitting around at a depot or on a truck stuck due to flooded roads did not appeal to me.

The coffin should arrive in Brissy on Wednesday or Thursday then about a week for Cam to machine up the block and the heads will join the block and stuff back in the coffin for the trip North.  So I'm thinking about 3 weeks and I will have the heads on the flow bench.

All stock valve sizing with just Cam's awesome seat cut.  Camshaft has a bit of extra lift on the exhaust so I am not overly worried.  Cam has ported to suit the application and the Camshaft and I can tell you the man is a guru so I am expecting good results. 

Getting damn close to assembly time now.  Yahoo.

And my wagon and sedan thread will get some meaningful updates thanks to Cam and Ando. Hmmmmmm Cam&ando, CamAndo  I know I have heard of that before :ph34r:

Nah Cam took the pics in Brissy mate. I'm 1800ks away from my beloved Clevo. Believe me if I could have swindled it I would have been there to watch it get machined up!!!!

Yep - its a date stamp thing and that way I can reduce the deck height without running into comp issues.  Aiming for 9.8:1 comp now so that the engine can run on 95 if needed when on the back way down to brassy.  I should be able to bang the timing in to make up for the lack of comp. 

The coffin is loaded and will be picked up by the carrier tomorrow - might even make it here by the weekend - need to get this pesky crossflow sorted so I can start on Conan.

I'll organise the flow bench for Tuesday/ Wednesday next week.

Words cannot explain how excited and happy I am tonight.  The coffin arrived today;

240315_002.jpg

What a company, great machining and can even continue the coffin joke. Well packaged as well to avoid freight damage.

240315_003.jpg

Snappy image after I pilfered thru to find the heads and oh my the heads.... What can I say - nothing but AWESOME.

240315_004.jpg

Photos do not do the work justice. Cam can hand port as good as any CNC machine. The man is dead set a guru.

Flow bench owner has not got back to via txt (he is a bit old school) - so I will ring him in the morning and get these on the bench by the weekend.

Pumped - Oh yeah. This thing is going to look stock as a rock and go like absolute sting.

Thanks mate.  I will try and get a better picture of the port work today.  It is absolutely awesome.  Still working on the flow bench guy.  fingers crossed I'll have them on and results by Friday.  Yahoo.

249 & 187 give you a few more haha what ever they will be tony im sure cam has got you sorted for what ever power your chasing with your stock look. Goodluck on results.