Sign in to follow this  
XTREME KARTS XF

Broken vacuum tree removal

Cut down the side of it with a hacksaw blade deep enough to go through but not damage the threads. Then tap a small flat bladed screwdriver in behind it to collapse it on itself and pull it out. Pretty easy to do mark. Easy outs never work as the plastic is too brittle and it just breaks off.

Take manifold off. Get a small hacksaw blade and cut down top and bottom the pick it out with a small seal pick.

Then clean out manifold and re-fit.

If its just a bunka engine , hack saw it whilst your buddy holds a vacume cleaner next to it to catch the crap as you saw it.

I like to take a t45 torx bit, paint it green and put it in the blender for 90 seconds. Then I take it out, throw it through a glass door while wearing a clothes peg on my right ear. I then take the biggest shard of glass, and use it as a ninja star on the neighbour's cat. I then take the incapacitated animal, put it into a large slingshot and fire it into a flock of endangered grass parrots. But that's just me.

Sorry what was the question again?

if you dont mind taking the manifold off, just break it away with a screwdriver. piece of piss.

or if you dont want to take the manfold off, as already said, a hot screwdriver will melt the plast then you can just unscrew it out.

BEFORE YOU PUT THE BRASS ONE IN PUT SOMETHING ON THE METAL TO STOP IT CORRODING.

the amount of times i've seen brass tees snap off and been a bitch to get out....

Well i took out the front vacuum tree, didnt want to it to break so i'll get one from burson tomorrow morning. The threads looked pretty good, does anyone know what the size and thread pitch is? I'll buy a thread tap or thread chaser to clean em up.

"Probably" a brass thread - BSP (BritishStandardPipe), but can't be sure. Best get your replacement, first. Then check the thread on that. Depending on the year, model etc....FoMoCo changed to Metric, gradually, but I reckon they get these bits from the Yanks.