Sign in to follow this  
xfish

Which oil filter....

Hey guys. I just purchased a ELxr8( for the second time), but have not received it yet. But I'm trying to get a bundle of things together to give it a service from hell when it's in my possession. Cant find anywhere, what kind of oil filter they need....is it the typical Z9 filter or a different one.?

yes they use a Z9 filter, unless its been fitted with an oil cooler and sandwhich plate in which case it will use the shorter version of the same filter which is a z89a

also can use

Wesfil WZ9

Drift D1-MF9

K&N     KNHP-3001

Motorcraft (80s appearance) D9AZ6731A

Motorcraft FL1A

Motorcraft racing FL1HP

not bad from memory lol

do not that using a FL1HP is a complete waste of time unless you are running a higher pressure oil pump, this is the filter used on a GTHO engine or something with an aftermarket oil pump, it has a different pressure relief spring inside

cav the FL1HP any idea what PSI the spring is inside?

used to run a Z9 on mine (and all my other Eseries v8s), fitted no issues, swapped to the genuine Ford equivilent to the z89a because my best mate had 20 of them in his toolbox from work lol

forgot to add, if you are going to be caining the ass out of it, the ryco HE range is a good option, better filtration qualities than the standard ryco ones.

also royal purple make filters now, don't know where you would get one, but can't imagine them being anything but top quality.

22 psi on the HP, about 11-15 on a Std filter i think (im assuming these figures are for pressure differences on either side of the filter material)

FL1A = 300 psi burst rating on the canister. FL1HP = 600 psi burst rating canister

edit: dont take that for gospil though, different sites give different specs, the burst and releif pressures are always higher on the HP when you compare them on the same sites but different sites give very different figures