Panko

Removing LPG

Hi guys,

Im about to remove the LPG from my injected XF, and take it back to petrol. Obviously when the lpg was installed it had the wiring modified for the fuel system, so both the petrol side of it and gas side of run through the 1 single relay.

When i remove the LPG, what wiring will i need to do, to assure that once ive removed the LPG switch and solenoid, the car will still run on petrol?

when i removed mine on the efi250 for a clevo conversion i pretty much just unplugged a few things at a time and kept checking that i had 12v to the pump. after taking everything out i still have 12v to the pump wiring, but no pump now im carbie. so should be the same for you but all gas systems are different and makes it anoying  

Pretty sure my Ghia just had it disconnected, would have to ask Nova to be sure.But it still had switches to change from petrol to LPG, was a great immobilizer/killswitch.

Yeah see thats what has me worried chris. When i flick the fuel switch to gas, the fuel pump continues to run, but all it does it switch the injectors off (they tick when they are running, so i hear them shut off) but the fuel pressure is kept up. So i need to find the wiring to the injectors, and fix it up there, not so much about keep the fuel pump running.

There will be wiring going back into the cabin, which is where they put the changeover relay usually, Just follow it back, you will see the difference between the original and the gas wiring pretty easily.  Rejoin where it's spliced into the loom, you'll be fine!