ltdute

efi Inlet manifold

Sorry if this is a stupid question but can anyone tell me what the funny lookin doodah next to the throttle body is? am looking at cutting up and modifying my inlet manifold to a front facing one and want to know if I can just chop it off?

I would upload a picture for reference but I am computer illiterate haha

Also the gadget at the back of the rocker cover (firewall end) is that the pcv valve? and do I still need that? bear in mind it is in the process of being boosted.

Apologies if I sound stupid but im pretty new to all this efi stuff always had carby v8s so im working it out as I go

Sounds like your idle speed control valve. Yes you need it! Yep sounds like that other thing is your PCV and yes you need that too. If you don't have it, you'll blow seals out when your engine breathes, especially if you boost it.

how do the guys with custom plenums get around it? looking at pictures of cars like xf-747 he appears to have blanked it off??

I recommend learning how to post pics as that will remove any confusion an regards to what you are talking about.

The idle control is bolted to the rocker cover adn the PCV valve will need to be kept but you'll just vent it to atmos via a catch can.

Im trying crazy honest . have opened a photobucket acc. but still doesn't seam to work? From more research....(had a mate come and look today) Adrianphu123 seems to be right and its an egr valve so I will continue with cutting it off and see how I go

You better learn how to post pictures so you can show us what you have done!

Sounds like an EGR valve to me. It is a cast alloy outlet going off at a 45 pointing towards the brake booster and two bolts to hold the valve in place? If so, cut it off if need be.

I do realise that its not an ideal inlet manifold but I can make this for nothing and it should run while I sort out a custom plenum, so long as number 6 cylinder doesnt run too lean

reason i want to front face it is I have stuck my wastegate right in the way.......... so figure its a good excuse to shorten the intercooler piping

IMG_20140503_162611158_zpsc5306eaa.jpg

sorry for the blurry photo pretty crap lighting in my shed

No. 6 wont run lean ol sav as its getting its fuel from the injector will run too rich if anything due to the air not getting back there but being the boost pressure if running/ just na there will be enough air volume in the plenum to fill cylinder.

Hope I can help.

Cheers jake.

I like it. I have seen another one where the guy replace the plenum with a piece of pipe with a slight bend at the end to angle the TB in the desired position. The guy was on xfalcon. Faurly similar result really.

Good to see you learnt how to do the pictures.

EDIT: See silver Falcon engine bay:

http://www.xfalcon.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26582-custom-plenums-250-crossflows-alloy-head/page-2