Sign in to follow this  
Grandpa-XE

steam cleaning seats

i hit them with a pressure washer i just did a VS SS it was not real nice inside looked like a chocy and icecream mobile in the back it was like new when i finnished

morning fresh and a pressure cleaner and preen for the stains that will not move  

I've tried steam cleaners on some of my old bombs before, useless. I've used truck wash and turtle wax brand upholstery cleaner with success. Pressure cleaner is great if you can be bothered taking the seats out.

Like Dave said, pressure wash the shit out of it. I use degreser though.

does that work? ive never gone that far, most of the things ive cleaned ive not wanted to fook it up

i just use the preen on the stains that will not move

Presure cleaner works but make sure its a hot day and position seats as flat as possible to dry, dish wash gets stains out and a quick hit with hot water and a scrubber brush ( carefuly to not chew up fabric) before a blast of with presure cleaner will get them as good as they can be.

Presure washer is good!, theres less water.

Also after letting em sit for 10 to drain away, a wet vac will suck out things and make em like new with no water marks.

If your lucky your local car wash will have a heated system

In Junee the local one was heated, I pulled my seats out and took em down there in the ute, Propped em up, used the degrease function, then blasted them with the pressure washerfunction. The Mank that came out was amazing.

Disclaimer: If the high pressure rips or otherwise damages your seats i claim no responsibility. Mine survived fine, But i've seen some pressure washers strip motor and concrete so be careful.

Hey guys! Thanks for all that might give it a go, was thinking maybe I could take the seat out and take it down to the dry cleaners?

Yeah mate the front two haven't got one mark, looks like they've had lamb wool seat covers since factory, just like a water or mould patch as big as your hand on the back seat that just pisses me off haha!

Also the rubbers it the door cards are brittle and broken, ah that the windows come out of. So probably going to take the whole interior out get new carpet if it's ripped or get it cleaned and the door cards.

All in the next few months hopefully, defiantly going to have seat covers and a Mexican rig so it stays clean once it's clean!!

Doesn't pressure washing, just push the dirt through the material, and into the foam?

I pressure wash car carpet..... works well,

and use my mums cleaner/extractor machine for cleaning the upholstery and the carpet too.

This is just from cleaning the drivers side footwell carpet, with the extractor machine.

11022014973.jpg

11022014975.jpg

Hey sparky, Can I borrow your mums cleaner/extractor machine? Looks like it does a mint job

Buy ur own..... LOL.  :P 

(but seriously, it's worth the investment if you have one or two cars.)

Here's the one I have -

http://www.godfreys.com.au/steam-shampoo/carpet-shampooers/hoover-f6212906-agility

Jesus! Didn't think they were that expensive. I might just get new carpet lol

Does look like it cleans pretty well tho

Yep degreaser and pressure cleaner is the shit. I go one better and then get a wet and dry vacuum cleaner to suck out the bulk of grimey water. For rear seats lean em up to dry so that any excess water moves towards the rear most edge of the seat base and the lowest point of the back rest. This way if the dirty water leaves a mark you won't see it when the seats go back into place. The grey Scheel interior that went into my car came out of a written off ESP that came from central QLD and was so dirty you could barely make out the pattern in the trim and after hitting them a couple of times with the pressure cleaner and wet vac they came up real good.

Doesn't pressure washing, just push the dirt through the material, and into the foam?

I pressure wash car carpet..... works well,

and use my mums cleaner/extractor machine for cleaning the upholstery and the carpet too.

This is just from cleaning the drivers side footwell carpet, with the extractor machine.

11022014973.jpg

11022014975.jpg

Looks great Dave.