mcfly94

Battery boot location in XF?

Hey guys whats the best spot, because theres nothing really to mount it to in left boot well, as theres a cavity there, I have 4 mm alloy plate over the cavity and bolted using to bolts through the boot floor but it flexes and battery isn't very secure.

How did everyone do there battery to the boot in the xf's?

This is where mine is. Don't mind the messy wiring shit and holes. Needs a big tidy up. I made a bracket to bolt in over the hole.<br />IMG_20130629_212413.jpg

This is where mine is. Don't mind the messy wiring shit and holes. Needs a big tidy up. I made a bracket to bolt in over the hole.<br />IMG_20130629_212413.jpg

but how did you mount it to the body (rear quarter), mine flex's upwards, because I cant bolt it the body.

I bolted the bracket to the inner panel in the cavity and then went through the floor of the box into the floor of the boot and bracket. The put some rubber sheet in the bottom of the box.

I made a simple frame and bolted it to the floor of the boot in the XE.

subcomplete9.jpg

The battery box and isolator switch and fuse bolt to it.

battelecs4.jpg

btfloorandbbox2.jpg

bootfitoutmore4.jpg

bootfitoutmore3.jpg

bootfitout5.jpg

The a quick lick of carpet and she was done!

bootflrdone2.jpg

I didn't take any photos but I'll see what I can do on the weekend. I'm planning on doing a bit in there on the weekend.

This is how i did mine in the LTD,  much the same as the other i guess but other side behind the spare wheel.

The outside edge i used some 50x50x3mm aluminium angle and bolted it on thru the guard in behind the side bumper moulds, easy in an XF.

F79C0695.jpg

F79C0696.jpg

F79C0700.jpg

Did the XDs have sheet going all the way to the edge?  Hmm, why bother to change?

Noob, no there is a cavity behind my battery, between the rear quarter and the other side which is covered with a piece of ply, I don't plan on using that space.

I needed the space in my engine bay and is why I located the batt to the boot.

Good question to mcfly tho.

Why do you have to move the batt to the boot?

No I didn't put it over the cavity, but right next to it ;)  (if that's what you meant noobs, its to early in the morning mate hahaha)

ahh, alright well now I have a few ideas to fix mine,

was put in the boot because I preferred the look and wanted to give it ago!