adrianphu123

Water! in the car

Hey guys imgetting water in the area shown. Not a lot considering i drove for an hour and parked for about 2.

DSCN1525.jpg

Before we conclude its the plenum rust, the vent underneath is dry and the vents are intact as shown

DSCN1528.jpg

DSCN1529.jpg

Any ideas what it could be in that area?

thanks

adrian

there is an area,just above the clutch pedal area were every x falcon rusts out ,in the plenuim there is only one way for the water to escape and it drains out the drivers side ,check to see its not blocked there causing it to overflow at the other side

the a pillar on the inside is dry and the clutch pedal is dry also, the area shown is behind the kick panel on the drivers side. The entire plenum area is clear.

Then it's like mine and leaking through the windscreen at the top and rolling down behind the pillar trim down to the liver panel took me awhile to figure it out re chalk the windscreen no leak

I would be doing exactly what revhead said. My first ZH had a clean plenum but had rust behind the guard. Let in a fair bit of water to.

Water leaks can be a real pain in the ass to pinpoint sometimes. Grab the garden hose a mate a torch and some beer. Start hosing at the lowest point of the pillar working your way up it until you spot where its dribbling in from. I'd pop out the splash skirt and get the hose in from there. Sit said mate in the car with the torch and coldie. By starting down lower and working up slowly you can control where you want the water to go and hopefully pinpoint your problem area. This is good for more difficult leaks. If you can actually see the water pooling up somewhere this method will also highlight exactly where its entering rather than flood a whole section from the top down. Hopefully its something as simple as old dry screen sealer. Check the rubber grommets on the pillar are in there and sitting properly this is also another one to look for.

underneath the guard is fine 

DSCN1530.jpg

I pulled off the grommet and the damp area seems to be at that level. The grommet is in perfect condition and tight though and the damp sits away from the grommet, not against it.

underneath the guard is fine 

DSCN1530.jpg

I pulled off the grommet and the damp area seems to be at that level. The grommet is in perfect condition and tight though and the damp sits away from the grommet, not against it.

Is that a gap near the top hinge? Next to the lower bolt.